Newest Member
    northernriwx
June 21-24 Severe Obs/Disc.

Ellinwood

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the one has some weak rotation

Weak rotation does not warrant a warning, unless the forecaster is confident that the rotation is going to quickly increase. These cells have not displayed any such behavior as they have remained weak.

and the other has hail indicator of 2.11.

A computer can't tell you what is really going on with a storm. It can tell you that a storm has 2.75" hail inside it, but if the LCL is at 1500' you can bet your ass that baseballs won't come crashing through your car window.

Stop talking and try learning more about how to interpret what the radar and computations are really showing.

Weak rotation does not warrant a warning, unless the forecaster is confident that the rotation is going to quickly increase. These cells have not displayed any such behavior as they have remained weak.

A computer can't tell you what is really going on with a storm. It can tell you that a storm has 2.75" hail inside it, but if the LCL is at 1500' you can bet your ass that baseballs won't come crashing through your car window.

Stop talking and try learning more about how to interpret what the radar and computations are really showing.

Fiesty

And there is a warning now so ya thanks.

Pretty sure it's been the same strength the whole time but, whatever you say.

Then you really don't know how to read a radar. VILs have somewhat increased, rotation has slightly improved, and clouds tops have risen as well (which would indicate stronger updrafts capable of sustaining larger hail. They certainly didn't meet warning criteria back when you were "Shocked [there was] only one warned."

EDIT: qualified VIL statement more clearly.

----

And now the more southern cell has pulsed down. Northern cell still looks good as it finally heads into the region.

Then you really don't know how to read a radar. VILs have increased, rotation has slightly improved, and clouds tops have risen as well (which would indicate stronger updrafts capable of sustaining larger hail. They certainly didn't meet warning criteria back when you were "Shocked [there was] only one warned."

I did see the vils they were 75-85 for a while before warned. I done arguing about it. Mute point anyways.

----

And now the more southern cell has pulsed down. Northern cell still looks good as it finally heads into the region.

If it's the same one I was watching, a small cell developed south of it and crossed paths with it heading more northerly just as it got to my county. That killed the bigger one...and now it's going to merge with the northern warned cell.

Im gonna kill myself, dont tell the local authorities :)popcorn.gifscooter.gifguitar.gif

well the good news (since it's been mostly painful after the early start) is our typical svr season is heading to the end.. maybe we can have some slow-moving july lightning storms. im tempted to go to FL to go sea breeze hunting.

If it's the same one I was watching, a small cell developed south of it and crossed paths with it heading more northerly just as it got to my county. That killed the bigger one...and now it's going to merge with the northern warned cell.

Northern cell now weakening as it crosses into WV... outflow dominant. New cell doesn't seem to be doing much.

When these storms collide, there could be a brief spin-up where the boundaries intersect (though it would be VERY brief).

what a miserable event east of the apps... too many clouds yesterday. way too many today. cold front passing too early tomorrow. tuesday might end up the most interesting and it was only isolated.

what a miserable event... too many clouds yesterday. way too many today. cold front passing too early tomorrow. tuesday might end up the most interesting and it was only isolated.

Mid-Atlantic just fails all over. To far south for massive nor'easter wins like NE and to far east for good severe from plains lows.

Archived