Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
June 21-24 Severe Obs/Disc.

Ellinwood

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, thursday and friday will be better! :rolleyes:

friday looks OK for now.. tomorrow im not sure. i thought today would be the widespread day of the week tho even if not a big svr day. as i've mentioned 10x now, a stacked filling low too far northwest is not that optimal.

friday looks OK for now.. tomorrow im not sure. i thought today would be the widespread day of the week tho even if not a big svr day. as i've mentioned 10x now, a stacked filling low too far northwest is not that optimal.

I've heard ya! The weenies naso much

I've heard ya! The weenies naso much

eh, not a great forecast for today. heck my pm update still called for svr chances at 3:45 even though it looked dead. oh well. fooking convection.

Doesn't look like we missed by much, with LFC heights just 200-400 ft. above the LCL heights... just a little forcing would have triggered some severe storms. The lee trough did jack squat for us.

Passive note: still another couple of hours until we can really call it, but definitely shouldn't be more than a few strong/severe storms in the DC/NoMD area going into the evening.

So I haven't paid much attention to these weather forums outside of winter till this year.

But I see that it's the same "here it comes! crap...there it goes" routine I experience in winter :)

Don't forget Bust and weenies hanging onto a thread hoping things work out.

After watching radar fire to our west in KY/OH yesterday I figured today would be a lock. The low is just a bit too far away to the NW to trigger widespread activity. No biggie. With my luck Friday will be widespread. I'm going fishing on the Chesapeake.

yes, Ian has told us that a few times now.

yes, Ian has told us that a few times now.

the models were pretty consistent in throwing out a shortwave into the area tho which seemingly should have set off the lee trough... i thought there would be more activity today than there was for sure. i guess the nam backing off was a sign but sometimes it's skittish. but yeah the low is way northwest still.

the models were pretty consistent in throwing out a shortwave into the area tho which seemingly should have set off the lee trough... i thought there would be more activity today than there was for sure. i guess the nam backing off was a sign but sometimes it's skittish. but yeah the low is way northwest still.

yeah, I was neutral on the chances this morning, but once every model backed off except the HRRR, I knew we were in trouble.

Archived