12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Heavy Rain Threat with Some Thunderstorms 6/17

Thunderdude

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you click on storm tracks on wunderground radar, it shows a purple tornado symbol for the cell near lindenhurst. Anyone near that cell?

iw_close.gif

over waterTornadic Thunderstorm (N2)Max Reflectivity:60 dBZSevere Hail:20% ChanceHail:90% ChanceMax Hail Size:0.50 in.Echo Top:27,000 ft.Vert. Integrated Liquid:37 kg/m²Speed:24 mph (21 knots)Direction (from):WSW (247)Radar Site:JFK

This was the biggest storm here in Long Beach in a while.Torrential wind driven downpours and frequent close CG strikes.

The central business district experienced extensive street flooding to the point of coming up to some of the store entrances.

A rough estimate of the rainfall would be about 1-1.5 inches of rain in around 30 minutes.I'll post some photos of the flooding

later.

when you click on storm tracks on wunderground radar, it shows a purple tornado symbol for the cell near lindenhurst. Anyone near that cell?

I was sitting in my car at a baseball field in Lindenhurst when the storm hit. Torrential downpours and frequent cloud to ground lightning lasted about 30 minutes. Roadways were flooded but there was little wind. There was a very brief period of pea sized hail. One of the more intense storms that you see this far east.

I am staying at my parents' house in Lindenhurst. We got a heavy dousing of rain, tons of C-G lighting, and a few loud cracks of thunder. No wind or hail though. And certainly nothing even resembling a tornado. Did you save the loop, by any chance?

I am staying at my parents' house in Lindenhurst. We got a heavy dousing of rain, tons of C-G lighting, and a few loud cracks of thunder. No wind or hail though. And certainly nothing even resembling a tornado. Did you save the loop, by any chance?

I didn't save it. The Tornado icon disappeared within 15 minutes. There may have been some rotation that the radar was picking up but it must have dissipated.

Heavy rain here now with some decent CG but nothing too impressive.

What a great day for t-storms. They woke me up at like 4am as they rumbled through Manhattan, and surprised me later in the day with some some intense cells. In between, we had beautiful weather with sunny skies and relatively comfortable temperatures. Can't ask for much more than that.

Today was a such a great thunderstorm day for me. I was like in heaven with 3 different thunderstorms occur in day and all had heavy downpours with loud thunder and great lightning. The first this morning had the loudest thunder I heard in years. Picked up 1.02" rain from all the thunderstorms occur today.

Was at my school's graduation ceremony around 8PM and had this sudden downpour that arrived when the seniors were recieving their diplomas. The loudspeakers used were shot because of the rain rushed everyone along to speed up the time. Looking on the radar at the time, we were hit by the only storm in Jersey. Was a very interesting situation!

I just missed the action with the afternoon storms. I had a delivery at Boar's Head Provisions in Brooklyn and was there for the 4:00AM storm, but was leaving as the 3:30PM storm was moving in. It looked like it was going to be nasty as it was incredibly dark toward Manhattan. Can anyone familiar with the Flushing Ave/Bushwick Ave area tell me how bad it actually was when/if it hit that area?

Archived