• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch up

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 443

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

645 PM EDT WED JUN 8 2011

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 443 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1100 PM EDT

FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONSCTC003-013-015-090300-

/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0443.110608T2245Z-110609T0300Z/CT

. CONNECTICUT COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

HARTFORD TOLLAND WINDHAM

Watch up

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 443

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

645 PM EDT WED JUN 8 2011

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 443 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1100 PM EDT

FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONSCTC003-013-015-090300-

/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0443.110608T2245Z-110609T0300Z/CT

. CONNECTICUT COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

HARTFORD TOLLAND WINDHAM

Fixed!

Yeah it was wierd how that line of storms collapsed out by the lakes... It seems that when they blew themselves out, they created a huge outflow boundary where new storms have fired up, and these new storms are absolutely racing SE. I figured that if they stayed together we'd see them during the overnight hours, but they're absolutely flying in here...

Missed out on the action here as the main cell that was heading toward me took more of a right turn to the south toward Stockbridge and Lee. Classic pulsar variety storms that are following the outflow boundary southward with new cells forming on the western flank of the boundary. More action off to the northwest bears watching as it looks like it may be congealing into a line with some short bow echo segments possible.

It's an absolute steam bath out there since it's still in the low 80s, even after some rain. Very atypical for the Berkshires and it feels more like Florida during the summer. Nothing more than an anvil here right now with light rain, rumbles, and some lightning in the clouds. Best of it looked like it was going north of me, instead it went south. Pulsar storms are notoriously difficult to nowcast with regard to both track and insensity.

It's an absolute steam bath out there since it's still in the low 80s, even after some rain. Very atypical for the Berkshires and it feels more like Florida during the summer. Nothing more than an anvil here right now with light rain, rumbles, and some lightning in the clouds. Best of it looked like it was going north of me, instead it went south. Pulsar storms are notoriously difficult to nowcast with regard to both track and insensity.

I have constant thunder off to the west of me. A few drops so far. Hoping to get a good shower at least. Maybe that stuff farther NW rolls into the Berks a bit later. Or perhaps it melts away to nothing.lol

Archived