Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over 5" on the ground, streets too! We were out food shopping and such trying to "beat the masses" and almost had to stay out. We went 20 miles out of our way to get home because three of the four ways up my hill are blocked by pileups and telephone poles down. I heard that just after we got home the last way up got blocked by downed trees. We probably won't see a plow for a day or two now so we're trapped. I have enough ice, coke and RUM get through tomorrow night but what do I do after that???

Where in Mahopac are you? What roads are closed?

Where in Mahopac are you? What roads are closed?

Two blocks from Union Valley Rd at the 4 way stop. Something must be passable because a Porsche Cayenne went by about a half hour ago but that's the only car that's moved on the hill since about 5pm.

It's sounds like a war zone here. Trees down all over the place, transformers popping and a bunch of houses without power. I'm still on (obviously) but for how long? I haven't measured in the last few hours but it looks to be over ten inches now.

I was just outside knocking snow off a small maple I have and every minute or so I heard one gunshot noise after another as tree branches are breaking in the woods. Lots of damage being done.

I was just outside and all I heard was fire trucks sounding off in the distance and sounds of trees/branches snapping every 30 seconds...

16" on the ground, not allowing for compression. This was a dense, heavy wet snow from start to finish. Hope my power stays on overnight as the winds have been gusting in the past couple of hours. This is an historical event that will be unlikely to be repeated around here in our lifetimes. Stay safe everyone........................................:snowman:

Seems like Kingston and Saugerties got screwed there somewhat. Must be extremely wet or maybe you got shadowed some by the Catskills. I certainly got shadowed sometimes in wet snow events when I used to live in Saugerties. Places like Shokan, Stone Ridge etc. came in with over 8 inches.

Missed all the best stuff up here, but around 4.5 inches fell over a 10 hour period...long duration light snow (few moderate periods). 29 and still some decent light snow hanging on.

3.5 here...lost power at around 5 and still haven't gotten it back yet

Just took a peek at O&R and Central Hudson storm center pages... Wow did Central Hudson get crushed! It looks like practically everyone who they provide power to in the county has no power. O&R did pretty well. Tjay & Irishrob I suspect donot have power..

I have power, one of the very few in Goshen. We dropped my daughter off @ work at ORMC yesterday around 2:30p and went to Price Chopper.While we were in the store a snow bomb occurred, MVA's on dunning road convinced me I wasn't going to drive back to Goshen in this to only have to come back at night to pick her up so we stayed in Wallkill. We were thrown out of most places we tried to wastetime in as they closed lol. Went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and were thelast group seated. The ride back on Goshen Tpnk was wild, almost no visibility with trees in the road...

I have trees down including a 35 footer that’s blocking the front entrance. The house next to us has 6 trees down across their driveway. Spent a lot of time trying to save a cherry tree last night and this morning, It has limb damage but I think it will makeit.

Most of the streets in my area are closed because of downedtrees and wires.

I wasn't home to take proper snow accum reading during thestorm. I did stick a ruler in it when I got back home last night and got 10.6 .I would guess that if I had taken correct measurements it would have beensomewhere around 12 - 13 inches.

Crazy stuff., hope everyone in the crew here is safe and well and survived the “Cement Storm”

Not exactly the right way to do it but I shoveled 6 hrs after the snow started and again six hours later and had 8" the first time and 6-7 the second time. The bottom few inches were glop because of the warm ground so there was instant compaction. I'm calling it at 15" here. I wish I could go higher but it could never be verified that way due to how wet the bottom layers were.

I lost two complete trees and have pieces down from seven more, some are huge! At least one street off my hill is passable so we're not completely trapped but it's going to be a while before things get back to normal I suspect. About half the houses don't have power due to trees on the lines to the house and from a short walk I took this morning it's amazing the power didn't go out completely.

Archived