• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
June In Southern New England...............

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have had fun with Kevin, but the truth is, BDR is +3.9 through the first 4 days of June, there is no humidity so it feels so cool out and today is only 63 at 1pm.

But the facts are facts, and Blizz has called it so far..............+3.9 is certainly a TORCH>

Have had fun with Kevin, but the truth is, BDR is +3.9 through the first 4 days of June, there is no humidity so it feels so cool out and today is only 63 at 1pm.

But the facts are facts, and Blizz has called it so far..............+3.9 is certainly a TORCH>

Most other climo sites from HFD on east are 0.0 to 0.9 and will drop again by tomorrow. However HFD will probably be back to above normal by mid week.

Enjoy your microclimate. After today CON, BOS, ORH, BDL, and PVD should be into the slight neg departures

Enjoy your microclimate. After today CON, BOS, ORH, BDL, and PVD should be into the slight neg departures

We were plus 10 on the first thats the reason, so technically its a torch, although the last 3 days have been perfect, with cool nights and warm sunny days.

By friday we should be closing in on +4 or +5.

62/52, Nice and cool is the way to go. We've had a few brief showers move through.

Nice and cool indeed... been a fantastic stretch of days. Snow is finally waning down to very small patches on the upper mountain. I tried to hike this trail last week and was turned around due to thick snow cover. Looks like the 80s and humidity of last week did a number on the snow as the trail was now easily passable with only a few small patches left.

What I like in this shot is notice the trees are just beginning to bud... no foliage yet up here. I'd assume the buds will open up soon and green-up will finally hit the summits here by mid-June. Talk about a short growing season.

IMG_6053_edited-2.jpg

Only a few spots left with more than 2 feet on the ground due to drifting all winter... this was around 3,400ft.

IMG_6036_edited-2.jpg

Nice and cool indeed... been a fantastic stretch of days. Snow is finally waning down to very small patches on the upper mountain. I tried to hike this trail last week and was turned around due to thick snow cover. Looks like the 80s and humidity of last week did a number on the snow as the trail was now easily passable with only a few small patches left.

What I like in this shot is notice the trees are just beginning to bud... no foliage yet up here. I'd assume the buds will open up soon and green-up will finally hit the summits here by mid-June. Talk about a short growing season.

Only a few spots left with more than 2 feet on the ground due to drifting all winter... this was around 3,400ft.

Its so weird to me to see trees bloomed with snow on the ground. Once the snow melts here sometime in March it usually takes until early May for green up, so I;m used to bare trees with no snow, but the other way around seems so odd to me. Having leaves on the trees with still remaining snow drifts is amazing.

I guess I'm not used to the mountain climate. laugh.gif

Its so weird to me to see trees bloomed with snow on the ground. Once the snow melts here sometime in March it usually takes until early May for green up, so I;m used to bare trees with no snow, but the other way around seems so odd to me. Having leaves on the trees with still remaining snow drifts is amazing.

I guess I'm not used to the mountain climate. laugh.gif

Yeah it is an interesting sensation to see patchy snow mixed with intense green from the record rain we've had this spring. The place is starting to look like a rain forest with the exception of those high elevations near 4,000ft and above where the growing season hasn't begun yet.

And by mid April, that spot in the above photo had a snow depth in excess of 15 feet (near the tree tops). It drifts on NW winds all season long and just fills the woods in that area.

Last year on just about this date I observed patches like that at the 6K level in the Bavarian Alps.... so not bad to have it at 3400' in VT.

Yep the leaves on Mansfield will already be history by the time I get there for my hike weekend around 10/20. :)

Archived