• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
June In Southern New England...............

Mr Torchey

I wonder how hot the immediate south coast of ct gets? I could see maybe 83-88 around here before afternoon seabreeze knocks us back to 77 while DXR and BDL are 98 :thumbsup:

As it should be, coastal SNE Summer Gods Country.

Here is your RI beach forecast

Tuesday Wednesday

Sunny. Fog then sun

Hi 68 °F. Hi 73

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWT AWT AWT AWT AWT AWT AWT

The good folks at BOX disagree with you DQ

next 7 days temps on MT DQ.

I think they're wrong.. 60's this weekend??? LOL

Major warmup on the way

Saturday: Mostly sunny and turning a bit warmer. High: 75-80.

Sunday: Partly sunny with a chance for a shower in the late afternoon or evening. Low: 52. High: 80.

Monday: Partly sunny with a chance for an afternoon shower or thunderstorm. Low: 55. High: 80.

Tuesday: Partly sunny and warm, a chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Low: 60. High: 83.

Wednesday: Partly to mostly sunny and warm. Low: 58. High: 86.

Thursday: Partly sunny and very warm, a chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Low: 61. High: 88.

Friday: Partly sunny and very warm, a chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Low: 64. High: 87

Scoooorching high of 75F next Thursday

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 68.

Sunday: A slight chance of showers after 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 69.

Monday: A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 72.

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 73.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 74.

Hide the women and children

We need Kevin to downplay the next event like this last one. Thats when last event became a lock to be prolific...he downplayed it while we were starting to get very interested in the thread the day before.

We'll see who is right

AWT AWT AWT AWT AWT AWT AWT

:lmao:

That 7 days was through Wed, and so far they have been pretty spot on.

I gave you kudos yesterday blizzard, saying that bdr was 3.9 through the other day, I think 2 as of yesterday, and should be around 4-6 by Friday before the cold and rainy weekend.

The heat wave will be short lived and confined to the interior, but yes it will be hot wed and thurs, but June certainly did not come in as an oven, the first week was very cool and comfortable in most of New England besides June 1. Lets look at things around the middle of the month, big BIG cool down coming again this weekend looks to be nasty.

As it should be, coastal SNE Summer Gods Country.

Here is your RI beach forecast

Tuesday Wednesday

Sunny. Fog then sun

Hi 68 °F. Hi 73

No doubt Steve, while kev and dendrite bake and have sweat balls rolling down the back of there knees, the coast will be refreshed with a very strong chilling seabreeze.

Front stalls out much farther north this weekend on the overnight runs except for the GGEM..Euro keeps stalling it farther and farther north. Won't be surprised if it stalls over us or just to our north ultimately

looked to me like it was all the way to the delmarva by friday afternoon.

WHILE THIS IS ENOUGH TO BRING THE CDFNT SOUTH ACROSS

OUR REGION...IT BCMS PARALLEL TO THE FLOW MUCH CLOSER TO THE

REGION THAT IN ONCE DID ON LONG RANGE GUIDANCE. GEM TAKES IT TO

MASON DIXON LINE. GFS/ECMWF STALLS IT E-W ACROSS PA/NJ AS DOES THE OOUTC

ECMWF. IN A NEW WRINKLE ITS ALREADY COMING BACK AT RGN AS WMFNT

SAT ON ECMWF. WITH ON OVERRUNNING TYPE PCPN EVENT...AS SFC LOW LIFTS

NE UP ST LAWRENCE VLY.

THE TREND CONTINUES TO SHIFT

THIS BAROCLINIC ZONE NORTHWARD. 250 MILES MORE AND THE FRONT NEVER

GETS THROUGH HERE.

WHILE THIS IS ENOUGH TO BRING THE CDFNT SOUTH ACROSS

OUR REGION...IT BCMS PARALLEL TO THE FLOW MUCH CLOSER TO THE

REGION THAT IN ONCE DID ON LONG RANGE GUIDANCE. GEM TAKES IT TO

MASON DIXON LINE. GFS/ECMWF STALLS IT E-W ACROSS PA/NJ AS DOES THE OOUTC

ECMWF. IN A NEW WRINKLE ITS ALREADY COMING BACK AT RGN AS WMFNT

SAT ON ECMWF. WITH ON OVERRUNNING TYPE PCPN EVENT...AS SFC LOW LIFTS

NE UP ST LAWRENCE VLY.

THE TREND CONTINUES TO SHIFT

THIS BAROCLINIC ZONE NORTHWARD. 250 MILES MORE AND THE FRONT NEVER

GETS THROUGH HERE.

Wow--what a near miss.:arrowhead::)

It's warm but quite comfortable outside. I was just out walking to the store down the road. Low 80s with dewpoint near 50F is very nice. But this is about as warm as I'd want it. Once you get into the upper 80s, it will feel a bit hot to me even with lower dewpoints.

It's warm but quite comfortable outside. I was just out walking to the store down the road. Low 80s with dewpoint near 50F is very nice. But this is about as warm as I'd want it. Once you get into the upper 80s, it will feel a bit hot to me even with lower dewpoints.

You're going to die the next two days then...What is your forecast for ORH high temperatures Wed/Thu?

Also, I heard your girlfriend moved up there...how is she liking the hill country? Is she going to complain next winter?

You're going to die the next two days then...What is your forecast for ORH high temperatures Wed/Thu?

Also, I heard your girlfriend moved up there...how is she liking the hill country? Is she going to complain next winter?

Mid 90s the next two days, thouhg I'm a bit skeptical of how warm the forecast is for tomorrow. BOX has 95F, but I'm thinking about 2-4F cooler than that...but either way its hot.

As for Megan, she moved up here in September. :lol: So she has already had a big winter. She lives northeast of me though much closer to Ray's area in NE MA and not in the hills where I live. She still had 91.5" of snow this past winter so it was more snow than she ever experienced in NJ.

Mid 90s the next two days, thouhg I'm a bit skeptical of how warm the forecast is for tomorrow. BOX has 95F, but I'm thinking about 2-4F cooler than that...but either way its hot.

As for Megan, she moved up here in September. :lol: So she has already had a big winter. She lives northeast of me though much closer to Ray's area in NE MA and not in the hills where I live. She still had 91.5" of snow this past winter so it was more snow than she ever experienced in NJ.

Well, ORH airport is like 900' so they might not hit 95F, but maybe in the urbanized areas downtown? This seems like an impressive airmass.

Oh, you mentioned in the Arctic sea ice thread that you had less time since she'd moved to you...I thought you meant she had moved in with you recently from NE MA to ORH, and that you were now sharing your apartment/home. I misinterpreted what you said, thinking you had just started sharing a place in ORH. My apologies...

Well, ORH airport is like 900' so they might not hit 95F, but maybe in the urbanized areas downtown? This seems like an impressive airmass.

Oh, you mentioned in the Arctic sea ice thread that you had less time since she'd moved to you...I thought you meant she had moved in with you recently from NE MA to ORH, and that you were now sharing your apartment/home. I misinterpreted what you said, thinking you had just started sharing a place in ORH. My apologies...

1009 feet. Though the ASOS is actually a bit lower at 988 feet I think. The airport is on a mild slope so it ranges about 25-30 feet in elevation.

Lower areas will hit 95F, but the point and click was for Holden, MA which is what I generally use since I'm right near the Holden line and that town is mostly 800+ feet...it borders ORH to the northwest.

1009 feet. Though the ASOS is actually a bit lower at 988 feet I think. The airport is on a mild slope so it ranges about 25-30 feet in elevation.

Lower areas will hit 95F, but the point and click was for Holden, MA which is what I generally use since I'm right near the Holden line and that town is mostly 800+ feet...it borders ORH to the northwest.

OK...I wasn't sure if it was 900' or 1000'...that's a weird high spot given that downtown is what? 400 feet ASL?

What is the hottest June temperature ever recorded at ORH? Was it 1953?

I'm starting to think we might make a run at 100F here Thursday...I probably won't hit it in the northern suburbs with elevation, but places like EWR are favored to hit triple digits in my opinion, Central Park probably not. We have a real nice W downsloping flow that should cause some extra compressional heating, and 850s look to be near 22C on the 12z GFS.

OK...I wasn't sure if it was 900' or 1000'...that's a weird high spot given that downtown is what? 400 feet ASL?

What is the hottest June temperature ever recorded at ORH? Was it 1953?

I'm starting to think we might make a run at 100F here Thursday...I probably won't hit it in the northern suburbs with elevation, but places like EWR are favored to hit triple digits in my opinion, Central Park probably not. We have a real nice W downsloping flow that should cause some extra compressional heating, and 850s look to be near 22C on the 12z GFS.

Downtown is generally between 500 and 550 feet, but the city is not flat. There are a lot of hills. Holy Cross college is on one and the top of that is near 700 feet...theres Vernon hill which is similar, and on the north and west side of the city, many spots are over 750 feet. Green Hill is up around 800 feet and that is on the east side of the city....it drops all the way down to just under 400 feet at Lake Quinsigamond at the Shrewsbury border.

Here's a map of the northern 3/4ths of the city. The contours are every 40 feet of elevation:

orhtopomap.png

ORH airport is on the top of "Tatnuck hill" on the extreme west side of the city limits. You can clearly see how the northern and western side of the city is pretty elevated compared to the immediate downtown area.

Downtown is generally between 500 and 550 feet, but the city is not flat. There are a lot of hills. Holy Cross college is on one and the top of that is near 700 feet...theres Vernon hill which is similar, and on the north and west side of the city, many spots are over 750 feet. Green Hill is up around 800 feet and that is on the east side of the city....it drops all the way down to just under 400 feet at Lake Quinsigamond at the Shrewsbury border.

Here's a map of the northern 3/4ths of the city. The contours are every 40 feet of elevation:

orhtopomap.png

ORH airport is on the top of "Tatnuck hill" on the extreme west side of the city limits. You can clearly see how the northern and western side of the city is pretty elevated compared to the immediate downtown area.

how old is that map?? State Lunatic Hospital?...is that Worcester State Hospital?

how old is that map?? State Lunatic Hospital?...is that Worcester State Hospital?

Lol, its UMASS medical center. Its the 15 minute map which was surveyed in the early 1900s. Its useful since its actually zoomed out a bit and you can see the whole city.

Archived