Newest Member
    northernriwx
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z NAM is awesome lol

steep lapse rates, lots of low level moisture, and some very impressive shear.

I wish they were more like the GFS, but the 18z NAM def looked a little better with the ML lapse rates. They are between 6.5C and 7C per km which is perfectly decent, but the 7.5C to 8C (even briefly higher) on the GFS is awesome.

I wish they were more like the GFS, but the 18z NAM def looked a little better with the ML lapse rates. They are between 6.5C and 7C per km which is perfectly decent, but the 7.5C to 8C (even briefly higher) on the GFS is awesome.

I think the fact the NAM is moving toward the GFS is a good sign.

I think the fact the NAM is moving toward the GFS is a good sign.

I hope we have enough low level forcing tomorrow. The one thing that is still just slightly bothersome is the cap...its not extremely weak or nonexistent so with the better ascent to our north, we are prone to getting a bit screwed if TDs a bit lower and/or if surface heating is mitigated by cloud debris.

The one positive about having the cap like it is, is that if we can get a few cells to fire up out ahead of any line, they could go nuts.

GFS still looks dam good for many areas. In comparing previous runs, it continues the dig slightly further south into the GL. I'm not sure if it is much consequence here, but the forcing may be improved slightly. GFS also has a weak s/w coming through after 00z. I'm not sure if it is spurious or not. Regardless, that's a real nice turning with height. Good CAPE on the GFS, though dews might be high. GFS does really dry out the mid levels after 21z which isn't good, but maybe it's too progressive with that. Not sure.

I wouldn't be shocked if we are looking at a mid level 10,000ft deck of clouds in the morning, but it looks like it gets out in time. It's advertising 40-50kts from wsw at 925-850mb.

FWIW twisterdata is a real nice site to get a quick and dirty view of things.

GFS still looks dam good for many areas. In comparing previous runs, it continues the dig slightly further south into the GL. I'm not sure if it is much consequence here, but the forcing may be improved slightly. GFS also has a weak s/w coming through after 00z. I'm not sure if it is spurious or not. Regardless, that's a real nice turning with height. Good CAPE on the GFS, though dews might be high. GFS does really dry out the mid levels after 21z which isn't good, but maybe it's too progressive with that. Not sure.

I wouldn't be shocked if we are looking at a mid level 10,000ft deck of clouds in the morning, but it looks like it gets out in time. It's advertising 40-50kts from wsw at 925-850mb.

FWIW twisterdata is a real nice site to get a quick and dirty view of things.

Will Wiz be chasing tomorrow???

LOL, if he went to Delaware last year to see low level scud...then I would expect no less.

LOL :axe:

I'm pretty stoked for tomorrow... but as is usual with convection (especially in SNE) lots can go wrong so it's important to keep expectations in check.

I'm in at 330 tomorrow morning for the AM shift. Will likely be a long long day.

0-1km helicity appears to get over 200 in spots tomorrow...especially ern areas. Pretty good.

I've noticed the 0-1km and 0-2km shear increasing a bit and becoming more impressive... plus increasing 0-6km bulk shear. Solidly around 40 knots.

I've noticed the 0-1km and 0-2km shear increasing a bit and becoming more impressive... plus increasing 0-6km bulk shear. Solidly around 40 knots.

It looks pretty good for wrn and ctrl areas. Storm motion seems like it would be west or perhaps a hair south of west which would be good for this area. We'll see I guess.

That dry punch on the GFS is interesting. it's dry at 700mb but 850 td's are high. Perhaps good for downdrafts??

It looks pretty good for wrn and ctrl areas. Storm motion seems like it would be west or perhaps a hair south of west which would be good for this area. We'll see I guess.

That dry punch on the GFS is interesting. it's dry at 700mb but 850 td's are high. Perhaps good for downdrafts??

Do you know of any forecast soundings showing DCAPE?

Some good hailers ... mmmm ... huh huh?

That's all I ask for

Archived