northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from my baseball game...Conard wins a first round game for the first time since the early 2000's!

This means though we have a game tomorrow at 3:30 PM...it's at New Britain though.

HOLY CRAP at the 15z SREF...just wow...pretty damn impressive.

My one worry is the amount of dry air aloft...I'm really hoping we can get those low-levels moistened up real good and not make it more difficult to mix down that dry air into the lower levels.

Just got back from my baseball game...Conard wins a first round game for the first time since the early 2000's!

This means though we have a game tomorrow at 3:30 PM...it's at New Britain though.

HOLY CRAP at the 15z SREF...just wow...pretty damn impressive.

My one worry is the amount of dry air aloft...I'm really hoping we can get those low-levels moistened up real good and not make it more difficult to mix down that dry air into the lower levels.

Can you go chasing Weds? I would since I have to stay home to wath my daughter (day care thing), but the boss would not like that.

What sort of league do you play in?

I'd say anytime from 1-4pm or so. It could be a little later if a second line forms along the actual coldfront. There might be a shwr or tstm near dawn as well.

Thanks Scott. At this point both BOX and ALB are rather tepid in their wording saying scattered storms though ALB does mention the possibility of severe. Very much looking forward to the cool shot coming in behind the front.

Can you go chasing Weds? I would since I have to stay home to wath my daughter (day care thing), but the boss would not like that.

What sort of league do you play in?

I don't play, I do the scorebook for where I went to high school.

The game should be over by 5:30-6:00 PM...hopefully there is still stuff going on then.

New Britain can be a good spot though for storms...I've been there a few times for some nasty storms.

I don't play, I do the scorebook for where I went to high school.

The game should be over by 5:30-6:00 PM...hopefully there is still stuff going on then.

New Britain can be a good spot though for storms...I've been there a few times for some nasty storms.

Blizz's quote is truly disturbing, I just read it again.

I'll bet you did...

Be careful at 2K... lightning on mountaintops can be hella fun

There are a few magnificent vistas on the property where you can watch the storms come in. There are lots of trees in the area that bear the mortal spiral wounds from lightning strikes. Have had a few close strikes there over the years.

Lol...lots of excitement in here.

It could rapidly turn into another disappointment tomorrow still. I think one of the nice things about this setup is we have good ML lapse rates and potentially amazing if we keep that remnant EML intact more like the GFS shows...one of the things that screwed us last June 6th was the cruddy ML lapse rates. We also got crappy sfc heating that day too which could still be an issue tomorrow, but as long as we avoid that, we shouldn't have the other issue in the MLs to deal with.

It could rapidly turn into another disappointment tomorrow still. I think one of the nice things about this setup is we have good ML lapse rates and potentially amazing if we keep that remnant EML intact more like the GFS shows...one of the things that screwed us last June 6th was the cruddy ML lapse rates. We also got crappy sfc heating that day too which could still be an issue tomorrow, but as long as we avoid that, we shouldn't have the other issue in the MLs to deal with.

sfc heating really didn't blow...down this way at least...we got into the mid 80's.

The lack of realization in Michigan today may be a red flag. They seem to lack a meaningful trigger - what has developed did so along the lake breeze boundary off of southern Lake Michigan, which extended toward the NE across the state during the afternoon. But by and large there appears to have been a lack of turn out.

The lack of realization in Michigan today may be a red flag. They seem to lack a meaningful trigger - what has developed did so along the lake breeze boundary off of southern Lake Michigan, which extended toward the NE across the state during the afternoon. But by and large there appears to have been a lack of turn out.

Yeah I'm wondering is this is some sort of signal.

It's sort of a catch 22 around here with strong cold fronts, because that usually means strong south or southwest winds which can hurt a lot of us. I'd rather see conditions favorable aloft and not have a strong front cutting into the region.

Lol I thought there was an every other day rule with severe systems. The rule may not be rooted in fact though.

definitely a lot of positives. Hopefully this shakes out well...even if they don't survive the journey se to mby...I enjoy tracking these things. my concern at this stage is that punch of super dry mid level air after 20z or so. Those -30c 7h dews are a bit much. Might be part of why some guidance is relatively dry with the fropa.

sfc heating really didn't blow...down this way at least...we got into the mid 80's.

Eh, BDL had a high of 83F that day and there was a ton of cloud debris around. It certainly was far from ideal. We needed great sfc heating that day to make up for the cruddy ML lapse rates. It was upper 70s out this way.

Eh, BDL had a high of 83F that day and there was a ton of cloud debris around. It certainly was far from ideal. We needed great sfc heating that day to make up for the cruddy ML lapse rates. It was upper 70s out this way.

Ok...I thought it was a little higher.

Yeah we did have a crap load of clouds.

Archived