• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June

LithiaWx

ugh. if the start to june is any indication, its gonna be a long hot summer. its already scorching out there. i guess the only positive thing, is that in what, 22, 23 days we pass summer solstice and the days start getting shorter lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugh. if the start to june is any indication, its gonna be a long hot summer. its already scorching out there. i guess the only positive thing, is that in what, 22, 23 days we pass summer solstice and the days start getting shorter lol

Im definitely counting down the days. 97 degrees here, and it's just to hot to do ANYTHING.. :thumbsdown:

Bring on winter!

21 days until the countdown to winter begins ! That's something to look forward to !!

The GFS has been on a hot streak. Too bad it can't predict a major snowstorm like it can predict heatwaves 10 days out.

Yeah its def. on a roll for the last several months. The ECMWF has followed the op. GFS on about every meaningful weather event, even the small , day to day things. Is quite a switch from the way it used to be for sure.

Well, April started in Feb. And now July is starting in May. I figure we get Aug. late in June, and then in Aug., with some tropical help, I'm hoping we get Sept! At that rate, I'll see Jan. weather in Nov. and I'll be as happy as ants on pie, lol. But I need some rain. 1.3 for May is bad, and all this heat on top, is real bad. It's just bad :) T

thats a good philosophy, I'd like to use that twice a year--just to get to Autumn and Spring (lets bypass Winter and Summer ):thumbsup: Sorry no rain there lately, a few may drift in late Wed. Night or even Thursday, but not much of a chance. A little more moisture and slightly less capping going on for late week, but still just hardly worth mentioning really. Guess any hope is better than none...watch the radar!

theres a strong disturbance offshore that looks like it will make it to southeast GA or northeast Florida in 18 hours. The 18z NAM takes it into the Gulf and then into the Tx or LA coast eventually, but very weak. Its interesting to follow little things like that...its completely being driven by the upper ridging.

post-38-0-92733100-1306876963.jpg

theres a strong disturbance offshore that looks like it will make it to southeast GA or northeast Florida in 18 hours. The 18z NAM takes it into the Gulf and then into the Tx or LA coast eventually, but very weak. Its interesting to follow little things like that...its completely being driven by the upper ridging.

post-38-0-92733100-1306876963.jpg

Foothills. Looks like in about ten days that a cooling trend my be on tap for the southeast per the 18z GFS. Thoughts? I'm just hoping this summer doesn't go hot and stay hot like last summer. I need the odd trough to drop into the southeast for some relief.

This has become invest 93L!

Foothills. Looks like in about ten days that a cooling trend my be on tap for the southeast per the 18z GFS. Thoughts? I'm just hoping this summer doesn't go hot and stay hot like last summer. I need the odd trough to drop into the southeast for some relief.

I saw that it has rain almost every 6 hour period after 10 days. I love your avatar by the way. It took me a minute to realize what it was. Is that a Prosek painting?

I think the 500mb vort dropping down Thurs night looks promising as well.

yep, to me that one looked better than this one. If this pans out, chalk another up the GFS which painted a weak MCS into NC and VA from a week ago...but I have my doubts on how widespread tonight's is going to be. RUC is adamant as well though. The moisture overall will increase and less capping (slightly) for NC, SC GA and Alabama as we go through the next few days so chances of atleast scattered popups are on the increase.

models are pretty insistent on a line of convection this evening coming from VA down across most of NC and reaching the Upstate and extreme NE GA region before dissippating.

Mid level cap surrounding CAE ftw :lol::P I hope someone gets a break from the heat today...95.3 imby according to the dig therm :sizzle:

Last year I believe Atlanta had the 2nd most number of 90+ days ever with 90. They are already ahead of last years pace. Today is Atlanta's 7th day of 90+ this year. Atanta didn't have it's 7th day of 90+ until June 15 last year. Maybe Atlanta could make a run at 100 days of 90+ this year ?

I really hope not. Are you wanting this to happen?

Unofficially it's 100.4 with a DP of 70 here in Marietta/Smyrna. My gauge is in the best spot possible in the shade away from the blacktop. I do work on a car lot in a valley, all the heat absorbed by the cars, buildings and blacktops is really causing some misery today.....Typically my location is about 5-7 degrees hotter in the summer than Dobbins AFB the closest reporting station that's official.

Archived