• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June

LithiaWx

I'm really not a fan of hot weather so hopefully the hot start will mean an early departure.

Well, if Kirk Mellish is right, the summer gets off to a hot start then the rest of the summer is closer to normal. Maybe we can get the hottest part of summer out of the way early and then enjoy a "normal" summer for a change.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a reading of 96 at 1PM. It was 93 at 11! I can't WAIT until we get the humidity, because dew points in the mid 60s isn't too bad. I'm really not looking forward to the 95+ heat and dew points north of 70... then I'll :gun_bandana:

Thankfully, this looks to be the warmest day for at least a little while. The ridge starts "weakening" and we get a tad more moisture in the mid-levels, so hopefully we will be able to pop a few showers by Friday and into the weekend. Until then.... let's all try not to melt. :frostymelt:

Well, if Kirk Mellish is right, the summer gets off to a hot start then the rest of the summer is closer to normal. Maybe we can get the hottest part of summer out of the way early and then enjoy a "normal" summer for a change.

I sure hope so and would not mind a tropical system in the mix! When was the last time any tropical system hit the southeast? Can't even remember it's been so long. :whistle:

I sure hope so and would not mind a tropical system in the mix! When was the last time any tropical system hit the southeast? Can't even remember it's been so long. :whistle:

It's been close to 3 years since I think my area has been impacted by a tropical system. It would be nice for a tropical storm to move into GA and stall out for a few days and dump 5-10 inches of rain.

My Davis Vantage Vue is reporting a temp of 95.1 outside (DP is 72) with a heat index reading of 105! It recorded a 110 reading earlier and is giving me all these danger alerts that I've not seen before. I just got the weather station around Christmas time. Definitely a day to enjoy the AC and maybe some ice cream!

Unofficially it's 100.4 with a DP of 70 here in Marietta/Smyrna. My gauge is in the best spot possible in the shade away from the blacktop. I do work on a car lot in a valley, all the heat absorbed by the cars, buildings and blacktops is really causing some misery today.....Typically my location is about 5-7 degrees hotter in the summer than Dobbins AFB the closest reporting station that's official.

unofficial temps again, not saying this is official but this is the temperature at my location, friggin ridiculous.

Officially 95....

Three straight record highs have been broken at KTRI w/ three more likely to go in the books. The heat has been brutal.

Yeah the surface high has been centered about there for a while now. Lots of sinking air under that 594 ridge.

104 degrees at Marianna, FL Airport at 1900z

Just saw that on the obs map. All around Southeast Al/sw GA and nw Florida is baking with good subsidence around the Invest. circulation on the northwest side. I made it t 93 so far.

I managed to wash the car (with the pressure washer), wash the dog, and split 3 barrow loads of wood (with my wonder splitting machine) with it 96 out there. Now if I'd tried that in Aug. I'd be laying dead out in the yard right now, but this lower humidity makes 96 not near as bad. I just hope it is getting the 90's out of it's system early and we drift into a cool summer with lots of tropical rains, and highs in the 80's :) T

I managed to wash the car (with the pressure washer), wash the dog, and split 3 barrow loads of wood (with my wonder splitting machine) with it 96 out there. Now if I'd tried that in Aug. I'd be laying dead out in the yard right now, but this lower humidity makes 96 not near as bad. I just hope it is getting the 90's out of it's system early and we drift into a cool summer with lots of tropical rains, and highs in the 80's :) T

Lower humidity? Lol...lol...lol...lol

It's never good to see the word RIDGE this many times :lol:

CAE......

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM THURSDAY MORNING/...

-- Changed Discussion --STRONG HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE WILL CONTINUE ACROSS REGION LATE THIS

AFTERNOON AND OVERNIGHT. ATMOSPHERE CAPPED WITH NO REAL TRIGGERS

TO PROMOTE MUCH IN THE WAY OF CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY...NOT EVEN A SEA

BREEZE DURING AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS. LAPS STABILITY

PARAMETERS SHOW CAPES OVER 3000 J/KG AND LIS -8 BUT STRONG SINKING

MOTION AND CONVECTIVE TEMPERATURES 105F MAKE CU DEVELOPMENT AND

STORM DEVELOPMENT UNLIKELY. ANOTHER WARM MUGGY NIGHT WITH LOWS

UPPER 60S TO LOWER 70S.-- End Changed Discussion --

&&

.SHORT TERM /6 AM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT/...

-- Changed Discussion --A WEAK FRONT IS EXPECTED TO WASHOUT ACROSS THE AREA THURSDAY

BUT THERE MAY STILL BE ENOUGH WEAK LOW LEVEL CONVERGENCE...ALONG

WITH WEAKER CAP...TO ALLOW FOR AFTERNOON CONVECTION THURSDAY

AFTERNOON. THE MAIN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE WILL BEGIN TO BUILD BACK

INTO THE REGION FOR THE WEEKEND. ABOVE NORMAL TEMPERATURES WILL

CONTINUE ALONG WITH MAINLY SCATTERED TO ISOLATED CONVECTION. HIGHS

IN THE 90S AND LOWS IN THE UPPER 60S TO LOWER 70S WILL CONTINUE.-- End Changed Discussion --

&&

.LONG TERM /SATURDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY/...

-- Changed Discussion --UPPER RIDGE WILL REMAIN THE DOMINANT WEATHER FEATURE DURING THIS

PERIOD. MEDIUM RANGE MODELS ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT SHOWING AN UPPER

RIDGE CENTERED WEST OF THE CAROLINAS BUT RIDGING INTO THE REGION

SUNDAY. SHORTWAVE ENERGY MOVING OVER THE TOP OF THE RIDGE INTO THE

NORTHEASTERN STATES WILL CAUSE THE CENTER OF THE UPPER RIDGE TO

RETROGRADE WESTWARD AND LOWER HEIGHTS OVER THE CAROLINAS EARLY

NEXT WEEK. A WEAK COLD FRONT WILL ALSO PUSH TOWARDS INTO FORECAST

AREA SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY. THIS WILL COOL MAX TEMPERATURES A

BIT BUT STILL EXPECT ABOVE NORMAL HIGHS IN THE 90S THROUGH THE

EXTENDED PERIOD. SUNDAY APPEARS TO BE THE WARMEST DAY WITH

TEMPERATURES PUSHING INTO THE UPPER 90S TO NEAR 100 AND HEAT INDICES

MAY ECLIPSE 100 DEGREES.

DIURNAL CONVECTION IS POSSIBLE AS THE ATMOSPHERE DESTABILIZES WITH

HOT DAYTIME TEMPERATURES. THERE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE ANY UPPER

FEATURES TO ENHANCE CONVECTION CHANCES...AT LEAST NOT WITH A LOT

OF CONFIDENCE. CHANCES OF RAIN INCREASE BY DAY 6-7 AS THE UPPER

RIDGE SHIFTS A LITTLE TO THE WEST ALLOWING FOR MORE NORTHERLY FLOW

ALOFT AND POTENTIAL FOR UPPER IMPULSES TO MOVE INTO THE REGION.-- End Changed Discussion --

&&

Finding it hard to look at any weather right now cause seeing my forecast of 90+ with no chance of rain for the next seven days just seems rather boring. We are drying out quickly and the yards are browning fast. Will take a few pics later this week after they get a few more days of 90 and sunny skies on them.

The fire on the coast of NC is still burning and I was down on pamlico river fishing today and the smoke was choking so we left. Looked like a grayish black low fog deck all morning.

Well, we officially made it to 102 and it's still 100 at 7 PM :arrow: It looks like tomorrow should be "cooler" with highs in the upper 90s. I'm sure hoping the models are right with bringing a little bit more mid-level moisture into the southeast, because otherwise it's going to be brutal this weekend! Also, I'm sure the ridge is going to retrograde west just how much is the question. I just want the low 90s back... drunk.gif

32% humidity, dewpoint 60...makes 96 seem spring like compared to what will come in Aug., lol. T

I think humidity is actually a little lower in August than it is in June, which is why August is typically drier than June and July with less pop up afternoon storms. June and July are our two big months for afternoon pop up storms due to all the humidity. Actually, I looked it up and Atlanta averages the same rainfall for June and August but the rainfall in August is much lower than July. Average temps in Atlanta are roughly the same for June, July, August, so i'm not sure why August gets a reputation for being the hottest month.

Archived