Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Continued discussion/obs for cutoff low May 18 through end of week

ORH_wxman

Hmmmm... That kinda sounds familiar lol... lets go look at posts from 5/16

I've been on the crappy weather bandwagon for the last few weeks, but the weekend doesn't look horrible yet. I did say things like "first glance" and "TBD", but best chance of storms seems to be up in NNE and WNE.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got caught up in the moment off all the baby talk.

Lol no problem, had to ask after a post like that. Thought someone got a hold of your keyboard :lol: . Think we get any good storms tomorrow or just another ho hum potential?

Lol no problem, had to ask after a post like that. Thought someone got a hold of your keyboard :lol: . Think we get any good storms tomorrow or just another ho hum potential?

There will be some storms around tomorrow, just not sure how widespread storm coverage will be...lots will depend on how unstable we can become and if we can overcome the subsidence in wake of the morning s/w.

There will be some storms around tomorrow, just not sure how widespread storm coverage will be...lots will depend on how unstable we can become and if we can overcome the subsidence in wake of the morning s/w.

Im ready for some T'storms its been so long since anything decent. Was in a good one down in Florida last month on vacation but none at home since last summer sometime, wasn't lucky enough to get in on any of those thundersnow events this winter either. Sucks about Joplin Mo 116 dead now insane for one storm. Most deaths since June 1953.

Im ready for some T'storms its been so long since anything decent. Was in a good one down in Florida last month on vacation but none at home since last summer sometime, wasn't lucky enough to get in on any of those thundersnow events this winter either. Sucks about Joplin Mo 116 dead now insane for one storm. Most deaths since June 1953.

We should hopefully start seeing more convective threats real soon, looks like were headed that way through the next week at least. This is actually the deadliest single tornado since April 9th of, 1947 :now :(

We should hopefully start seeing more convective threats real soon, looks like were headed that way through the next week at least. This is actually the deadliest single tornado since April 9th of, 1947 :now :(

Don't you feel insignificant that you're gonna try and chase in NE with what just happened in MO? By watching those videos it sucks that we will never EVER see anything like that here in NE. (Don't mean the death/etc... but the severe weather)

Don't you feel insignificant that you're gonna try and chase in NE with what just happened in MO? By watching those videos it sucks that we will never EVER see anything like that here in NE. (Don't mean the death/etc... but the severe weather)

Well I would never want to see something like that here or anywhere, I like all of us as weather lovers all agree we love this stuff but we don't want it to affect humans or life.

But as far as not seeing that type of severe here...it doesn't really influence me any b/c I know we just don't see stuff like that here or that type of potential.

I understand what our region is what our region brings as far as potential goes and I just take what is given to me. I really try not to compare regional weather...I mean if we all compared our winters to that of the Sierra Nevada's or the Cascades we'd all look pretty silly.

Well I would never want to see something like that here or anywhere, I like all of us as weather lovers all agree we love this stuff but we don't want it to affect humans or life.

But as far as not seeing that type of severe here...it doesn't really influence me any b/c I know we just don't see stuff like that here or that type of potential.

I understand what our region is what our region brings as far as potential goes and I just take what is given to me. I really try not to compare regional weather...I mean if we all compared our winters to that of the Sierra Nevada's or the Cascades we'd all look pretty silly.

Probably the most level headed mature post you have ever made, wow.

They said EF4 around 190mph thank god we dont see that kind of power in our relatively puny severe season. The stongest winds I have ever seen were from that storm at the end of Febuary 2010 Portsmouth gusted to 91 MPH and where I was living just out of MHT it had to be close to 65-70 at times. That is the most I care to experience it really was one of the best weather events in my life even though I didnt get any snow whatsoever and lost power for a couple days.

I hate to tell people but I just finished the global cycles analysis and then hit the GLAMM - wow.

eh, potentially...but these are some impressive signals. Massive region of positive torque anomalies emerging from the deep tropics and 30 days from now that region will be spreading into the subtropical latitudes just about right on top of the Solstice! That's.... impressive guys. I believe we are also in cycle 2, though I don't believe these are as meaningful in the summer.

They said EF4 around 190mph thank god we dont see that kind of power in our relatively puny severe season. The stongest winds I have ever seen were from that storm at the end of Febuary 2010 Portsmouth gusted to 91 MPH and where I was living just out of MHT it had to be close to 65-70 at times. That is the most I care to experience it really was one of the best weather events in my life even though I didnt get any snow whatsoever and lost power for a couple days.

I still wonder if this has potential to be upgrade to an EF-5 at all, could be a similar situation to that of AL where one of those were rated an EF-4 then upgraded.

Something like that is extremely scary, I've seen the video, I don't think anyone who likes weather really liked what was occurring there. They had over 20 minutes of lead time too which is actually pretty darn good, especially for that location. Seeing something like this makes you wonder...how many people actually took it seriously? The other issue is even some of these poor people who took the warnings, sometimes there is nothing you can do.

I still wonder if this has potential to be upgrade to an EF-5 at all, could be a similar situation to that of AL where one of those were rated an EF-4 then upgraded.

Something like that is extremely scary, I've seen the video, I don't think anyone who likes weather really liked what was occurring there. They had over 20 minutes of lead time too which is actually pretty darn good, especially for that location. Seeing something like this makes you wonder...how many people actually took it seriously? The other issue is even some of these poor people who took the warnings, sometimes there is nothing you can do.

I read a story that said there was alot of rain and hail which may have made some of the sirens less noticable and it also said preliminary reports say EF-4 i'd be surprised if it wasnt upgraded but doesn't make much difference to the people who had to live through that.

What is GLAMM by the way? I know you didn't post that but figured you may have an idea.

I read a story that said there was alot of rain and hail which may have made some of the sirens less noticable and it also said preliminary reports say EF-4 i'd be surprised if it wasnt upgraded but doesn't make much difference to the people who had to live through that.

What is GLAMM by the way? I know you didn't post that but figured you may have an idea.

Globally Integrated Angular Momentum.

No, the MJO is the Madden-Julien Oscillation, it's basically a characterization of eastward progressing enhanced or suppressed areas of rainfall beginning in the Pacific Ocean.

I'm not 100% positive on this but there may be a connection between the two.

I see, I'll have to look it up....After the Bruins game 2nd period starting soon gonna go watch that..

Really?

I guess this is very rare (1 in 500 year?), but it does happen (15 miles from my house, a tee shot from Will's)

Archived