gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Continued discussion/obs for cutoff low May 18 through end of week

ORH_wxman

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh? Should be partly/mostly sunny most of tomorrow after any early fog burns off..even in ENE

Rip and read baby! BOX thinks otherwise.

Tuesday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. South wind between 10 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Wednesday: A chance of showers, mainly after 9am. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. North wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Rip and read baby! BOX thinks otherwise.

Tuesday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. South wind between 10 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Wednesday: A chance of showers, mainly after 9am. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. North wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Slap on some spf 15 tomorrow..you'll need it

I don't get it?

80's tomorrow..70's Wed..80 or above Thursday and Friday (inland)

Warm humid summery weekend with PM storms

i think wed could be kind of crappy...especially ORH/PVD/BOS SE MA etc.

thur-fri hopefully things get better. it could be kind of murky at times though for a couple of different reasons.

This is complete dogsh*t. I'm tired of this crap. Seriously.

i could not agree more. it is getting ridiculous.

My despair is due to seeing "partly sunny" only twice in the next 7 days. I hope it changes up here as well as in SNE.

keep dreaming!

Isn't it amazing how the Euro failed so miserably on that cut off it had for this coming holiday weekend and next week? We knew climo argued for that not happening

so you are saying that the Euro has failed, even though next weekend is 5+ days away?

I would like to believe Reverend. But the Rapture of hot and sunny that you have been predicting has not yet arrived. My soul is clean and I am ready.

I think folks have been rushing the idea in - too soon. This was going to be a D10-14 sort of recovery some 3 or 4 days ago, and the fact that the GFS has a huge ridge flex in the east on D7 is actually a click or two ahead of that timing at this point, but still late Mem weekend.

This heat this week, for me, is not really part of that recovery... That said, the analysis of the FRH grid I provided a page ago was the NAM trying to drill the temp into the low to mid 80s tomorrow. DP near or exceeding 60 is going to come as a rather jolted expression of summer to those laughing at Kevin. He'll undoubtedly over exaggerate the significance of that heat in an attempt to rub your collective nose in it, but just keep that in mind... lol.

Looks like the mean polar boundary is going to waver N and S of us a couple of intervals or so over the next 6 days, then this side of the hemisphere re-aligns, heights fall out west, and a bona fide heat wave has a chance from early to mid or late next week.

I'm not a negative Nancy, so that should say something. Even your tone has been decidedly down as well.

yeah i've had enough. if this doesn't end soon, i'll be asking tippy to borrow some of his sarah mclachlan.

tomorrow will be good. i just want to string together multiple days of sun and normal temps. having the sun break out for 2 hours here and there just doesn't cut it.

and honestly i'm not sold on things turning out great later this week/this coming weekend until there's some really strong model support and consistency for a few days. it *has* to be better than what we've seen...but i don't like seeing HP anywhere to our northeast and i don't like stalled frontal boundaries. LOL.

yeah i've had enough. if this doesn't end soon, i'll be asking tippy to borrow some of his sarah mclachlan.

tomorrow will be good. i just want to string together multiple days of sun and normal temps. having the sun break out for 2 hours here and there just doesn't cut it.

and honestly i'm not sold on things turning out great later this week/this coming weekend until there's some really strong model support and consistency for a few days. it *has* to be better than what we've seen...but i don't like seeing HP anywhere to our northeast and i don't like stalled frontal boundaries. LOL.

Exactly. It might be better across the interior, but I could see one of those "dirty" warm sectors later this week with srly flow. Models are showing lots of srfc-850mb RH which is a red flag. Hopefully Thursday's crap burns off, but I could see it remaining stubborn. Look at the mass fields on the GFS and especially Euro. Like you said...I don't like seeing HP anywhere to my north and east. Nor do I want any subtle warm front like feature to the southwest. I'm hopeful for Friday and the weekend, but I have my guard up for sure.

hopefully things break right and the boundary is hung up west and north.

Archived