joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued discussion/obs for cutoff low May 18 through end of week

ORH_wxman

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, not much different in central Alaska. Well, they still have snow but....

INCLUDING...TALKEETNA...WILLOW...CANTWELL

500 AM AKDT WED MAY 18 2011

.TODAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS ALONG THE ALASKA

RANGE. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S TO LOWER 60S. VARIABLE WIND TO 10 MPH.

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN

THE MID 30S TO LOWER 40S. VARIABLE WIND 10 MPH.

.THURSDAY...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN. HIGHS AROUND 60. VARIABLE

WIND TO 10 MPH.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN. LOWS IN THE UPPER

30S TO MID 40S. NORTHEAST WIND 15 MPH.

.FRIDAY...CLOUDY WITH SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S TOLOWER 60S. LIGHT WINDS BECOMING SOUTH 15 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON. .FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS. LOWS

IN THE 30S.

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE 50S.

.SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF

RAIN SHOWERS. LOWS 35 TO 45. HIGHS 55 TO 65.

&&

Parts of southern New England should get hit pretty hard for a period later this evening and into the early overnight hours. Should see some extremely heavy rainfall to go along with some thunder/lightning. Rainfall rates should be very heavy as well, probably between 1-2''/HR. This should lead to some flooding in spots, especially the locations that have already seen a good deal of rain this week.

LLJ should be on the increase over these next few hours and that will really help to throw in some more moisture from the Atlantic and with good lift around that rain shield should expand more and intensify.

A good deal of moisture convergence just to the south of CT and some more rich theta-e air working into the region.

Some spots should see another solid 1-3'' of rainfall tonight with some local amounts approaching 4'' or so.

We had like 40kt winds in that one with coastal flooding. That was ridiculous..lol.

Yeah I recall a couple of very windy days in that, so it made it worse than this event...but that isn't a whole lot of consolation for how bad the weather has been this week.

:lol: I'm guessing you have never eaten one in your life. Plus you don't wear glasses.

Has the fishing been ok? I would think this is decent fishing weather

It's been ok. The water is still cold so they aren't really crazy just yet. Went down to the river tonight but the water is really high and fast . Had one on but lost it in the heavy water. I rarely eat the fast food stuff. It's really pretty gross.

oh god...i think i might just die...working outside in this just sucks...wet socks for 8hrs sucks! cover in mud for 8hrs sucks! DONKEY COJONES!!!

Get yo self some good footwear. You'll get trench foot. Also, wear ragwool socks, they are the best for cold wet conditions. Cotton=death.

Yeah I recall a couple of very windy days in that, so it made it worse than this event...but that isn't a whole lot of consolation for how bad the weather has been this week.

No not at all...just that it was such an anomalous event. It's a waste not to have nice wx this time of year, as we know what can greet us come July and August.

Departures for this week thus far (Sunday through today):

BOS: -7.5F

ORH: -8.0F

BDL: -5.0F

PVD: -5.2F

Impressive WIll, down this way its tempered maybe -3 or so, but we are still + 0.5 for the month of May mostly due to the very warm overnight lows.

Wow.

Not including today, ORH is still only at -0.9F Thought it would be lower

Today should push it to like -1.4F for the month or something like that. The first 3 days of the month were pretty mild so it took a little bit to wipe that out.

Scott or Will, any chance of some break in the action tomorrow, say around 3pm in the vicinity of Grennock Golf Club in Lee, Ma ? Hit or miss showers? Torrential downpours with frequent dangerous lightning? The end of days?

Well even if you get a break or two of sun, it should ignite some shwrs, so I'd day there is a pretty good chance of shwrs around.

Get yo self some good footwear. You'll get trench foot. Also, wear ragwool socks, they are the best for cold wet conditions. Cotton=death.

no cotton for me, thank you..i know better...i wear smart wool, or something to that effect...and i change them at lunch...can't wait for the sun to come back...lol, next week i'll be bitching in here about how it's too hot to work outside all day!!!

no cotton for me, thank you..i know better...i wear smart wool, or something to that effect...and i change them at lunch...can't wait for the sun to come back...lol, next week i'll be bitching in here about how it's too hot to work outside all day!!!

I've been buying Columbia boots lately they hold up to the rigors of life on a construction site well and keep my feet warm and dry. You have to drop some coin to get a real performance boot but it's worth it. I used to buy Salomon exclusively but the quality seemed to drop off. I don't really remember the sun that well.

Archived