Newest Member
    joxey
SNE May-hem

HoarfrostHubb

Another TORCH on the way!!!

?

.TODAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SCATTERED RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS IN THE

MORNING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY WITH ISOLATED RAIN SHOWERS IN THE

AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S TO UPPER 40S. LIGHT WINDS.

.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. ISOLATED RAIN SHOWERS IN THE EVENING.

LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S TO LOWER 30S. VARIABLE WIND 10 MPH.

.MONDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S TO LOWER 50S.

VARIABLE WIND TO 10 MPH.

.MONDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH ISOLATED RAIN SHOWERS IN THE

EVENING...THEN MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH ISOLATED RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS

AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE MID 20S TO MID 30S. LIGHT

WINDS.

.TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE

MORNING...THEN SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN

THE 40S. VARIABLE WIND TO 10 MPH.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH SCATTERED RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS. LOWS 25

TO 35.

.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS. HIGHS

45 TO 55.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE

OF RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE 30S. HIGHS 45 TO

.FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 45 TO 55. LOWS IN

THE 30S.

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS. HIGHS IN

THE 50S.

.lol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it was a weenie dream, I was hoping we'd see something anomalous come out of next week. Now I get to experience a line of shwrs coming through.

Yeah a muggy warm sector day with some showers...and then a miserable 2-3 day period with N winds and popcorn showers under the ULL (maybe some flakes mixed in in the highest spots at night).

I was worried about a trash week like that. Maybe in SW CT where Joe is and his best spring ever will get nicer weather, but I'm not optimistic about anything around here. What was supposed to be a great weekend turned pretty meh (and disastrous today for the coast)... Was hoping for 65-70 (esp today where I was hoping for a 70F) but we got hosed. 59 yesterday and 61 today.

Yeah a muggy warm sector day with some showers...and then a miserable 2-3 day period with N winds and popcorn showers under the ULL (maybe some flakes mixed in in the highest spots at night).

I was worried about a trash week like that. Maybe in SW CT where Joe is and his best spring ever will get nicer weather, but I'm not optimistic about anything around here. What was supposed to be a great weekend turned pretty meh (and disastrous today for the coast)... Was hoping for 65-70 (esp today where I was hoping for a 70F) but we got hosed. 59 yesterday and 61 today.

BOX was pretty close here the last 2 days. We got to 65F here

When will the humidity be the worst? Tues afternoon?

I was hoping for a May '77 or at least 2002

Yesterday clouded right in which screwed us. I should have known with that dam cold pool. It was quite the chilly wind around here, despite the sunshine today.

55/37, Perfect day here. Wall to wall sunshine, light winds a high of 69 with low DP's. I was able to burn everything I wanted to with the aid of a steady 5mph wind that fanned the flames better than any bellows could do. Huge Pine logs 3' across,gone. The thousands of sunny days that tree saw released in a few hours. Yup, pretty much a perfect spring day.

Can someone please put the snow back?

I know I'm gonna get called a weenie for saying this, but I noticed that it's May 1st and I still have a small pile of snow left over from a snow bank. I was hoping it would make it and it did...you need good shade and a conifer forest to do it. It would have been nice if my drive way looked like this on May 1s, but oh well. I'll take what I can get.

I know I'm gonna get called a weenie for saying this, but I noticed that it's May 1st and I still have a small pile of snow left over from a snow bank. I was hoping it would make it and it did...you need good shade and a conifer forest to do it. It would have been nice if my drive way looked like this on May 1s, but oh well. I'll take what I can get.

Crater Lake is an awesome place, great skiing. From there you can shoot south and ski Mt. Shasta which is another must do for any skier.

lol, it was pretty good. 63F yesterday and 65 today here.

ORH was 64F for the high today...how did you only get 61?

lol, it was pretty good. 63F yesterday and 65 today here.

ORH was 64F for the high today...how did you only get 61?

I dunno, thats what it was. Could have been low, but overall the weekend was disappointing compared to expectation. I expected closer to 70F today when looking at it a couple days ago. Today was still quite nice, but just a shade colder. Saturday was a total dud...mostly cloudy almost all day until quite late when we got lucky to even spike near 60F...but the high temp doesn't do me any good when it occurs at 5pm after an otherwise crappy afternoon spent in the mid 50s.

Don't think the Euro /GFS are right long range with cut off after cut off

Well daily details aside...it doesn't look all that pretty. It doesn't mean drizzle every day, but the overall pattern isn't pretty. Hopefully it's not as bad as depicted. April wasn't that bad at all.

Archived