• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
May

LithiaWx

I just put the dog out and holy crap is it cold. Its 48 degrees with a wind driven rain. It feels like stepping back two months. Im sure Ill sleep good tonight. Its a shame I have to wake up so early.i bet SnoJoe sees some flurries tonight.

Man, what a great night. If summer would be like this for 5 months I'd loved it!! Lots of rain, and cold!! Perfect summer night :) Tony

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost 3/4" so far. Nice storms last night and still pouring a cold rain now. The RUC began yesterday to stall the front, or crawl it once it got just east of the Apps this morning, the other models missed it badly. Looks like another couple hours of heavy to moderate rain, so an inch is possible. Very nice!

1.58 inches of rain here at the Hildebran Weather Station (my new weather station that is now listed on WeatherUnderground). Pretty much everyone in Burke and Catawba County saw over an inch of rain from this system. We really needed it for the garden, now if we can just keep the frost away tonight.

1.58 inches of rain here at the Hildebran Weather Station (my new weather station that is now listed on WeatherUnderground). Pretty much everyone in Burke and Catawba County saw over an inch of rain from this system. We really needed it for the garden, now if we can just keep the frost away tonight.

Congrats on the new weather station! What's your WU call letters? I'll add you to our AMWx forum member station list.

more fail

.00"

sorry to hear that. This front actually way overperformed here in the central and western sections of the Carolinas, the best energy was lifting north, but enough of a tap was still strong while the front slowly moved across the Apps, and it dropped pretty widespread 1" amounts, even 2" amounts in the foothills of NC. I think the overall flow still hasn't been good for the eastern sections but thats probably about to change. The Friday system has a slight chance to produce some rain , probably more chances eastern Carolinas than anywhere else, with strong cyclonic flow and a sharpening vort, but so far the models aren't gung ho on much. Beyond that, a nw to se front will be the focusing mechanism by Sunday and beyond with MCC getting close, and renegade popups under a very muggy and hot airmass. I think that will do eastern sections much better than whats happened the last few months overall. Then, the flow really gets chaotic in the day 7+ range with dual blocking. Still not sure how that shakes out, but it will be good I'm sure...for the Southeast in general.

post-38-0-20343100-1304546694.gif

post-38-0-56248600-1304546590.gif

sorry to hear that. This front actually way overperformed here in the central and western sections of the Carolinas, the best energy was lifting north, but enough of a tap was still strong while the front slowly moved across the Apps, and it dropped pretty widespread 1" amounts, even 2" amounts in the foothills of NC. I think the overall flow still hasn't been good for the eastern sections but thats probably about to change. The Friday system has a slight chance to produce some rain , probably more chances eastern Carolinas than anywhere else, with strong cyclonic flow and a sharpening vort, but so far the models aren't gung ho on much. Beyond that, a nw to se front will be the focusing mechanism by Sunday and beyond with MCC getting close, and renegade popups under a very muggy and hot airmass. I think that will do eastern sections much better than whats happened the last few months overall. Then, the flow really gets chaotic in the day 7+ range with dual blocking. Still not sure how that shakes out, but it will be good I'm sure...for the Southeast in general.

Ya, the long range looks interesting, lots of blocking with cutoffs roaming around.

Lightly scattered frost throughout the countryside this morning coming to work on roofs and cars. Vegetation should have faired well through this part of the piedmont in the rural areas, saw no evidence of any ground frost. Love clear days and temps in the mid 60's (my definition of ideal weather). It will be Late September/first week of October before we get this refreshing air again so I'm gonna enjoy it. Saw a story where the Mississippi is flowing backwards, because of whats being described as a 1 in 500 year flood.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/weather/all-eyes-on-the-mississippi-river-rpt-20110428

Made it down to 32.3 this morning!! Frost on the rooftops, but very little (fortunately) on the ground. Yesterday was almost cold in the evening. We had a bonfire at church that warmed things up quite a bit. Nothing like lighting an old, dried-up Christmas tree on fire after dousing its base with gasoline!! BOOM!! :lmao:

Man, what a great night. If summer would be like this for 5 months I'd loved it!! Lots of rain, and cold!! Perfect summer night :) Tony

High today in the mid 70's after a morning low of 46 deg :wub: A perfect May day :sun:

1.36" Nice.

:thumbsup:

I picked up .47 :weight_lift: Way more than I expected :D

more fail

.00"

:angry: This makes me sad :(

I got down to 36 at the top of my yard. The bottom sits 20 feet lower so Im sure it was lower. I had frost on the roofs and cars. I didnt notice any on the vegetation but I got out late. Ive never seen it frost like this in May. Now all we need is for Snowstorm2011 to come report that KATL was 50 degrees this morning and start complaining about the warmth.

I got down to 36 at the top of my yard. The bottom sits 20 feet lower so Im sure it was lower. I had frost on the roofs and cars. I didnt notice any on the vegetation but I got out late. Ive never seen it frost like this in May. Now all we need is for Snowstorm2011 to come report that KATL was 50 degrees this morning and start complaining about the warmth.

:lol: :lol:

Frosty 32.4 this morning here in Dahlonega. Hopefully this is our last frost.

frost here too on the Southside, at least on my barn roof. would not have known it if I hadn't had to do something up there. Don't know what it got down to, didn't reset my minimum, but it was about 41 degrees when I went out at 7:30. sitting at 42.6 right now.

Archived