joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Paid the tolls...moving into winter

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea but he links to a image only members can see, NBD but that's like four today, why doen't DT just post here?

Its a minor issue anyway. For people who have an SV account, the link works. I don't have one, but a description is good enough for me on something as trivial as a couple individual ensemble members.

As for DT, he doesn't want to post here...he knows he has already been down that road many times before....he prefers the lower key, lower volume flavor of SV.

Its a minor issue anyway. For people who have an SV account, the link works. I don't have one, but a description is good enough for me on something as trivial as a couple individual ensemble members.

As for DT, he doesn't want to post here...he knows he has already been down that road many times before....he prefers the lower key, lower volume flavor of SV.

Excatly. On this board with a lot of members, the majority will take DT's forecast on a storm like gold and if he is right, he will get praised and if he is wrong, he will get ripped on more than he would get praised for getting it right. He's probably the best forecaster in terms of snowfall with his maps IMO. On a smaller board where there arent a lot of mets it doesnt matter if he screws up a storm bad.

I know he got ripped on during the March 2001 storm, but who didn't?

DT and BB = trainwreck

He has a combative personality and he even said it last nigh that he better off not posting here and just doing the radio shows.

He was great to listen to last night other than the soybean malarkey.

Good balance of him on the radio and not getting everyone all bothered on the BB

Dec 5 still possible?

Guys, its like 3 ensemble members out of 51 that give a good storm and at a time range well beyond the model skill for a deterministic solution. I wouldn't worry about it so much. :lol:

Steve was the one that wanted to see the images, nobody else. I also I could not post them because they are proprietary and not free. It was done as a courtesy. My original intent was to point out where Kevin got his information. If you are going to quote someone, say who or reference who it is.

Steve was the one that wanted to see the images, nobody else. I also I could not post them because they are proprietary and not free. It was done as a courtesy. My original intent was to point out where Kevin got his information. If you are going to quote someone, say who or reference who it is.

LOL

Black Ops can be played in public, learn somethings

I already quoted Steve there...anyway, I wasn't demeaning anyone, just pointing out that it was pretty insignificant. I guess this is what waiting for the first snow event does to us.

Back on topic, sorry just had to out some people.

See lots of comments to the similarity to last years pattern, take a look back on Eastern or SV you can see the massive differences , I guess if there is concentration on the AO NAO state only, yea there are similarities, but the biggest difference is the whole cryrosphere.

Yeah it's near and dear to me, since it broke my 2' cherry. I was freakin' pumped during that storm.

I spent most of the night in the basement of a guy named Allan Weiss in Malvern PA outside Philly. He was a serious hobbyist and expert on noreasters. He wrote an article on the 1899 blizzard with Paul Kocin. He had a full on weather station, old style, DIFAX, 3 different monitors, one dedicated just to radars. He showed me the coastal front forming along south carolina. He showed me data from the prior Thursday that showed a 200 knot jet streak up in like Montana...said that was when he knew it was going to be a biggie. Showed me the ETA output of over 3 ft of snow for Philly and that we should cut it by a third. I was there til like 3 in the morning, drove home to Center City Philly, went to sleep for 3 hours, woke up and told my client my flight had been cancelled ( a lie that cost me 5000 dollars) and then just watched it snow and snow and snow. Awesome. Broke my 30 inch cherry ;)

Archived