amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Paid the tolls...moving into winter

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that image is just the secondary forming well off to the southeast, giving the impression of a swfe.

Nah, I think its the retrograding low north of NNE and then a secondary trying to pop way out in the Atlantic.

Yea, I just caught that upon further review.....just an initial reaction to assume its a swfe upon seeing the bagginess to the pg joining two lows.

You can see the games being played out west. The 00z run breaks off a piece of energy at hr 60 and that rushes se and amplifies. Previous runs did not do that.

So many nuances in the handeling of the SWs within an exotically convoluted large scale synoptic pattern, that its tough to take any depiction too seriously until the targeted SW has had a chance to be physically assimilated into the initalization schemes, which will not be for days yet.

So many nuances in the handeling of the SWs within large scale synoptic pattern, that its tought to take any depiction too seriously until the targeted SW has had a chance to be physically assimilated into the initalization schemes, which will not be for days yet.

The funny thing is, we still have the upper level low overhead, but that s/w that I mentioned amplifies enough and phases with the upper level low, creating the retro solution. It barely gives eastern areas qpf, but the comma head literally kisses the beaches.

The funny thing is, we still have the upper level low overhead, but that s/w that I mentioned amplifies enough and phases with the upper level low, creating the retro solution. It barely gives eastern areas qpf, but the comma head literally kisses the beaches.

Concerns with pinning your wintry hopes on a retrograde soloution are two-fold; first of all, you have to get the damn thing to to actually retrograde....duh, but you also have to concern yourself with whether or not it will be able to do so before the occlusion of death takes place and the CCB is essentially no more.

Yeah there's definitely probably some weenie solutions in there. I hope we see something on the Euro to perhaps invite a retrograde scenario into the mix as more than just a fleeting possibility.

Well I said this just an hour or two ago. Hopefully we can build on it the next few runs. The GFS ensemble mean certainly hinted at this too, but still waiting on seeing some of the individual members.

BOS up to Ray would get like a couple inches this run...but this isn't that far from hammering eastern NE like we saw a couple days ago. It brings the threat back to Dec 6th.

Nice hit for most of Maine.

If I could sign on the dotted line for 2" on Dec 6 right now, I would.....I'd take that and run.

Archived