joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Paid the tolls...moving into winter

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS ensemble mean is surprisingly far south with the vortex at 120/132h...its much further south than previous runs. It would imply that there are probably several members giving a retrograde snow event to eastern NE. Can't see the individual members yet, but thought it was interesting nonetheless.

The GFS ensemble mean is surprisingly far south with the vortex at 120/132h...its much further south than previous runs. It would imply that there are probably several members giving a retrograde snow event to eastern NE. Can't see the individual members yet, but thought it was interesting nonetheless.

Check out what they do around d8-9.

Yeah there's definitely probably some weenie solutions in there. I hope we see something on the Euro to perhaps invite a retrograde scenario into the mix as more than just a fleeting possibility.

Everything is staying d5+. This pattern with the block just doesnt seen to favor anything coming up. If the ECMWF squashes it south tonight I would start to be concerned about accuming snow anytime soon, agreed?

Everything is staying d5+. This pattern with the block just doesnt seen to favor anything coming up. If the ECMWF squashes it south tonight I would start to be concerned about accuming snow anytime soon, agreed?

It depends on what you define as "any time soon"...I don't see much hope for snow in the next 5 days if we don't get some better solutions by guidance. Beyond that its anyones guess. Its just too difficult to say with any confidence in this blocked up pattern what might transpire beyond the immediate near future.

It depends on what you define as "any time soon"...I don't see much hope for snow in the next 5 days if we don't get some better solutions by guidance. Beyond that its anyones guess. Its just too difficult to say with any confidence in this blocked up pattern what might transpire beyond the immediate near future.

Id say 7 days, December 7th.

Archived