wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
2010-2011 SNE snowfall map

ORH_wxman

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be finishing this up in the next couple days. I couldn't make any changes between Apr 15 and Apr 24 since I was gone on vacation. I'll update the few tenths to an inch or so that some people had on the 23rd as well.

Thanks for all the hard work, Will!

Hope you had a great vacation with your girlfriend, sounds fun.

Well I got .3" on Saturday morning so that takes it to 102.5" ...if we are not doing tenths then it rounds up to 103" :) But it's kind of a joke to be so precise because with all my blowing I have to put a caveat next to every measurement. A guy about 5 miles west of here got 109" on the season so I feel pretty good about my final #. Also I almost never measure more than twice in a long event even if I could technically...seems like cheating.

I'll be finishing this up in the next couple days. I couldn't make any changes between Apr 15 and Apr 24 since I was gone on vacation. I'll update the few tenths to an inch or so that some people had on the 23rd as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Weird little snowhole near North Adams

north adams get shafted pretty badly .. theres about a 1500 foot drop in elevation from Florida to North Adams to the east and mount greylock / other peaks in that area to west / southwest rise 2000-2500 feet over downtown north adams in the valley at ~700-800 ft

north adams get shafted pretty badly .. theres about a 1500 foot drop in elevation from Florida to North Adams to the east and mount greylock / other peaks in that area to west / southwest rise 2000-2500 feet over downtown north adams in the valley at ~700-800 ft

Thanks for this info. did not realize they were in a perennial snowhole.

I'll look at the old maps, too.

still waiting for a correction for Hillsborough county. Maybe next year?

How much further E do you want the 90" contour?

I'm not moving it south...I can't because they got shafted down there. AFN over to New Ipswich over to Milford easily got under 90". Its rare they have less like that, but it happened this year. Sorry if you don't want to accept it. You think it was normal for me to put a min near Ashburnham MA?

I appreciate the smug remark though. You are welcome to put effort into obtaining your own totals to make your own map.

How much further E do you want the 90" contour?

I'm not moving it south...I can't because they got shafted down there. AFN over to New Ipswich over to Milford easily got under 90". Its rare they have less like that, but it happened this year. Sorry if you don't want to accept it. You think it was normal for me to put a min near Ashburnham MA?

I appreciate the smug remark though. You are welcome to put effort into obtaining your own totals to make your own map.

wasn't smug, really. The problem is you think I'm reminding you because you think I'm just being "the contrarian" when in reality, it is just classic poor data area for reliable snowfall measurements; and you ARE CERTAINLY not understanding of the microclimo that exists near here and just outside..

Most people when finding kinks in their armor try to fix them and get excited, you just say "meh, contrarian" lolll

Also Will, any meteorologist or even "to be" has drawn more than enough contour maps in their day to do this. We are fortunate to have so many observers right here on this forum that are collecting reasonably reliable data for you to even begin this venture, lord knows how hard it would be in the 80s or 90s. I do appreciate what you do, all things aside.

wasn't smug, really. The problem is you think I'm reminding you because you think I'm just being "the contrarian" when in reality, it is just classic poor data area for reliable snowfall measurements; and you ARE CERTAINLY not understanding of the microclimo that exists near here and just outside..

Most people when finding kinks in their armor try to fix them and get excited, you just say "meh, contrarian" lolll

I lived in Nashua NH at one time...I forecasted for all of southern NH. I understand the local climo well. Almost every other map I draw you'll see a max out toward New Ipswich/Peterborough/Milford/Jaffrey. It didn't happen this year.

I lived in Nashua NH at one time...I forecasted for all of southern NH. I understand the local climo well. Almost every other map I draw you'll see a max out toward New Ipswich/Peterborough/Milford/Jaffrey. It didn't happen this year.

Great job as usual on the map.

Great job as usual on the map.

Thanks man, I know its not going to be perfect for every little ridge/hill, but my main goal is accuracy over the larger picture. I do know my strange minimum going into SW Hillsborough county and SE Cheshire county/extreme N ORH county is correct. That area got an unusual shaft this year.

still waiting for a correction for Hillsborough county. Maybe next year?

Also Will, any meteorologist or even "to be" has drawn more than enough contour maps in their day to do this. We are fortunate to have so many observers right here on this forum that are collecting reasonably reliable data for you to even begin this venture, lord knows how hard it would be in the 80s or 90s. I do appreciate what you do, all things aside.

LOL. sometimes i just feel bad for you.

Thanks man, I know its not going to be perfect for every little ridge/hill, but my main goal is accuracy over the larger picture. I do know my strange minimum going into SW Hillsborough county and SE Cheshire county/extreme N ORH county is correct. That area got an unusual shaft this year.

I don't live in either of those areas, though. I am speaking for the areas that were NOT screwed by several SE cutting systems that fringed us here and totally screwed SW NH.

I believe we did better here and especially the foothills near and over 1000', than 20 mi west and south towards EEN/Ashburnham. That is my point!

LOL

Well I want it to be as accurate as possible. I could def see that Goffstown hills area cracking 90" this season. Though I found it strange that until the most recent post, he seemed to be implying my error was in SW Hillsborough where Milford/New Ipswich are. Despite the much igher terrain out there, they got screwed.

Archived