wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe threat april 14, Tornado outbreak possible

janetjanet998

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me; it's very impressive and we will have initiation by 21z at the latest.

Oklahoma.vis.gif

Powder keg...

Would love to be able to stick around for some virtual chasing, but I'm actually headed out and away from the computer for the night. Enjoy the show, and good luck to all in the path (chasers and public alike).

The IPV max (blue) just looks sick on WV with a deepening stratospheric intrusion pretty clearly evident. The mass field adjustment and increase in the ageostrophic flow associated with the increasingly divergent jet streak (orange) is going to fuel this outbreak over OK. I honestly can't believe what I am seeing here.

post-999-0-13894000-1302810805.png

Something sure is going to have to make up for not having a lot of moisture. Tulsa has 78/59

Tulsa has a couple more hours before anything is likely to develop, so I don't think it'll be an issue at all. We'll probably get up to 63/64 before we see any weather.

The IPV max (blue) just looks sick on WV with a deepening stratospheric intrusion pretty clearly evident. The mass field adjustment and increase in the ageostrophic flow associated with the increasingly divergent jet streak (orange) is going to fuel this outbreak over OK. I honestly can't believe what I am seeing here.

post-999-0-13894000-1302810805.png

You said it, brother. Look how that jet intensifies over ern KS by 06z.

Archived