joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe threat april 14, Tornado outbreak possible

janetjanet998

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what happened yesterday is a different event than today. You can't add reports from today to verify yesterday's bust...

Nothing like a good bust to build respect for severe weather though.

The number was for both days, and the outbreak is one continuous outbreak from yesterday until today...Even though there wasn't any tornado reports for 10 hours right now, I think some of those wind reports from Arkansas will end up verifying as tornado to close the gap in time.

The number was for both days, and the outbreak is one continuous outbreak from yesterday until today...Even though there wasn't any tornado reports for 10 hours right now, I think some of those wind reports from Arkansas will end up verifying as tornado to close the gap in time.

LIT found at least one tornado so far..that may fill in the gap..

so it is likley this will be known of the april 14-15 outbreak

So far 120 tornado reports for the past two days (22+98).

But we'll see what happens over the next several weeks and months and such as they go back and figure out if any reports are duplicates and such.

some notes:

1) over the years I have found the preliminary number ends up being about 80-85% of the total number over the course of the year , in bigger outbreaks that falls a little to maybe 77-82%

2) unlike wind and hail, There never was any filters for tornadoes in the past for storm reports..

some notes:

1) over the years I have found the preliminary number ends up being about 80-85% of the total number over the course of the year , in bigger outbreaks that falls a little to maybe 77-82%

2) unlike wind and hail, There never was any filters for tornadoes in the past for storm reports..

Not a bad two days as far as tornadoes go. Biggest two day event since May 4th/5th 2007 (unless I'm missing out on something last spring) which had a total of 118 tornadoes. It will be interesting to see what occurs today in what will be the final of a potentially 3-day tornado outbreak.

Going back to that May 4th/5th 2007 there were also tornadoes on the 3rd (13) and on the 6th (16)...I don't remember if that was all associated with the same storm system or was there two separate systems there?

LIT found at least one tornado so far..that may fill in the gap..

so it is likley this will be known of the april 14-15 outbreak

Depending upon how the night went tonight, and how early things go today it could be April 14-16, but that might be stretching it.

AR overnight

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LITTLE ROCK AR

122 PM CDT SAT APR 16 2011

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..

0157 AM TORNADO 4 NNW GEYER SPRINGS 34.75N 92.38W

04/15/2011 F1 PULASKI AR NWS STORM SURVEY

*** 2 FATAL *** TORNADO TRACKED FROM JUST SOUTHWEST OF

INTERSECTION OF WEST MARKHAM STREET AND JOHN BARROW ROAD

TO THE SHERRILL HEIGHTS NEIGHBORHOOD...ENDING ABOVE

REBSAMEN PARK. THIS TORNADO OCCURED ENTIRELY WITHIN THE

CITY LIMITS OF LITTLE ROCK. WHILE THERE WAS SHINGLE

DAMAGE...MUCH OF THE DAMAGE CONSISTED OF TREES FALLING

ONTO HOUSES...VEHICLES AND POWER LINES. THIS TORNADO WAS

RATED AN EF-1...WITH A PATH LENGTH OF 3.9 MILES.

Archived