From new SWODY1...

WITH THE SECONDARY LOW DEVELOPMENT NEAR THE RED RIVER THIS

EVENING...HIGH RES MODELS SUPPORT A GREATER POTENTIAL FOR LONG LIVED

TORNADIC SUPERCELLS THIS EVENING ACROSS SERN OK. DEEPER MOISTURE AND

THE DIFFLUENCE OF THE APPROACHING 120KT UPPER JET MAX WILL BE

FOCUSING ON THIS AREA BY THIS EVENING AND IT WILL BE MONITORED FOR A

POSSIBLE UPGRADE IN THE AFTERNOON UPDATE IF THIS SCENARIO SEEMS

LIKELY TO PLAY OUT.

I agree with the SPC that this is potentially a high-risk caliber event. The potential outlook upgrade for SE OK lines up pretty well with my thoughts last night regarding a McAlester, OK to Mena, AR target area. I definitely see the potential for a few discrete supercells, but each being prolific significant tornado producers. As many of you would concur I'm sure, I have a lot more confidence in today's event that I had for the past few severe weather episodes.

Some people down in the SE thread have stated that instability could be a limiting factor tomorrow but the latest from SPC certainly doesn't indicate they think it will be a problem. Pretty scary scenario setting up for areas that are not use to dealing with widespread super cell activity, although I certainly wouldn't consider tornados to be rare in AL.

Ugh that dryline is coming through a couple hours earlier than expected...was hoping something would pop right over Norman. And ugh wish I didn't have an important class so late so I could have gone out today...oh well.

Wait what? You mean they don't cancel classes on severe weather days because everyone will be out chasing anyway?!?

Anyone know which (if any) WSOs will be having an off schedule sonde release?

Fort Worth will, cap looks as strong as at 7 am...

last.gif

Eyeballing the WV loop, approaching disturbance may be 5 or 6 hours away from working that cap, although I'd expect the dry line to have passed by then...

post-138-0-17808600-1302805889.jpg

Over 125

if both days live up do their potential and count as one outbreak this may be in the top 5 outbreaks pure numbers wise. super outbreak has 148 but it was likley much higher if if that same outbreak occured today.

I say 65 today(through 12z friday) and maybe 65tomorrow for starters

Archived