wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe threat april 14, Tornado outbreak possible

janetjanet998

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The situation in WI was not a great setup. It was a progressive storm with upper support disjointed to the surface low.

THIS situation is much different, and in my opinion the potential is much greater for large long track tornadoes.

Agreed, this setup makes the WI setup look pretty pathetic, IMO. No positive tilt junk here.

The situation in WI was not a great setup. It was a progressive storm with upper support disjointed to the surface low.

THIS situation is much different, and in my opinion the potential is much greater for large long track tornadoes.

Those situations where the H5 vortmax sort of "kicks out" are usually the best set ups because you have great height falls, dynamics, etc that go along with it. If you loop H5, you'll see what I mean.

Some guidance hinting at the potential for recharge along the dryline and multiple rounds of deep convection 1-2 hours apart similar to mountain convection popping off high peaks/ranges induced by slope flows in the Rockies. Should this happen--and considering the already healthy first line of supercell development--I would not be surprised to see a late upgrade by SPC to a high risk.

Southern cell looks like its trying to produce a tornado (via TexasChaser.com), can see an appendage under the wall cloud on the live cam. Looks like a Tornado Warning is not far away on this cell.

EDIT - Now its gone, showed up briefly on the cam, but it went back up in the clouds. Storm looks close to producing nonetheless.

Southern cell looks like its trying to produce a tornado (via TexasChaser.com), can see an appendage under the wall cloud on the live cam. Looks like a Tornado Warning is not far away on this cell.

It had a pretty good couplet going a few minutes back..

I agree... I was just alluding to the fact there was a PDS watch in a less favorable setup, so they do often occur in Moderate Risk setups.

No I agree, however this time I think its warranted.

Just looking at the initial batch of supercells... I have to agree. This is going to be a pretty nasty evening, and a great setup for storm chasers, as these storms are relatively slow movers for now.

Archived