• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Annual Spring SNE GTG

Damage In Tolland

Way too much Whale info than I was looking for today, but thanks for the playoff status update.

Last year was the FIRST time in franchise history they did not make the playoffs...they made the playoffs every year from 1997 to 2009.

Well actually not sure if franchise history is the correct term to use, before they were the Hartford Wolf Pack they were the Binghamton Rangers, they moved from Binghamton after 1996 and came to Hartford once the Whalers left.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way too much Whale info than I was looking for today, but thanks for the playoff status update.

Last year was the FIRST time in franchise history they did not make the playoffs...they made the playoffs every year from 1997 to 2009.

Well actually not sure if franchise history is the correct term to use, before they were the Hartford Wolf Pack they were the Binghamton Rangers, they moved from Binghamton after 1996 and came to Hartford once the Whalers left.

lmaosmiley.gif

:facepalm:

Why don't you support the whale?

I suppose since I'm not a HUGE hockey fan . . . I Have only lived in ct for about 6 years, so my hockey energy (what little there is) goes to the NY Rangers (NHL), and The Providence Bruins (AHL). I have more attachment to Providence through college, etc.

. . . The top secret truth is that I just don't really give a crap about hockey very much. But no one needs to know this. So please, keep that bit of info to yourself.

I suppose since I'm not a HUGE hockey fan . . . I Have only lived in ct for about 6 years, so my hockey energy (what little there is) goes to the NY Rangers (NHL), and The Providence Bruins (AHL). I have more attachment to Providence through college, etc.

. . . The top secret truth is that I just don't really give a crap about hockey very much. But no one needs to know this. So please, keep that bit of info to yourself.

Very odd...if you liked the Rangers I would think you'd at least like the Whale too since the Whale is the farm team of the Rangers but then again, I like the Whale but I am a HUGE Bruins fan.

Its a minor league team its just not that big to a lot of people

So are the New Britain Rock Cats and they do EXCELLENT attendance wise, granted they only hold about 5500+ while the XL Center can hold around 13,000-16,000 (remember it was built as an NHL arena) but the Rock Cats are VERY popular.

OK, wait a minute...

Last I saw in the messages, the GTG is 5/7...but in the headline, it's 5/14. Hmmm...which day? Makes a big difference for my attendance.

Wouldn't mind seeing the storm chasing video at MoS, but I'll be in there on 4/29 for an event I'll be working. I may see it then.

So, which day?

--Turtle ;)

Well I won't know until the last minute, round one of the Calder Cup playoffs begins this week. If the Whale advance past round one there could be issues with me attending but if they got knocked out in the first round then I can definitely make it. Like always though I'd need a ride from Kevin.

Well I won't know until the last minute, round one of the Calder Cup playoffs begins this week. If the Whale advance past round one there could be issues with me attending but if they got knocked out in the first round then I can definitely make it. Like always though I'd need a ride from Kevin.

C ya in May.

yeah you can grab the T right there so it would be pretty easy to go someplace before and after.

it's just a thought. might not be practical, i don't know. there's a couple of weenie wx exhibits too of course.

i'd like to not drive all the way to ORH again though.

I'd rather drive to ORH, than be forced to try and drive anywhere in the immediate Boston area that is not within a stone's throw of the highway.

I have suggested the Scoreboard sports bar and Grille in Woburn, but the extra 20 minutes was apparently too long of a drive for some.

That place is literally 1 minute off of the highway with extremely accessible parking.

Archived