• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Our first torch of 2011 April 11-12th

Damage In Tolland

As we try and get thru the doldrums of spring which to many of us is the worst time of year...it's time to start looking towards our first potential torch of the new year.

Euro depicts a torch at 850 all the way to the surface and has all of interior CT/Mass, Ri into the 80-85 degree range on Monday...if the west wind inferno on the Euro verifies we'd roast..similiar to this time last year when we hit 90+ right around the same timeframe and trees were just about fully leafed out.

GFS has alot of low cloud nonsense which is most likely wrong..and wouldn't make sense give the westerly downsloping flow.

Enjoy the weather..it's the only you've got

post-492-0-33192100-1302098639.gif

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first day indoors of the Spring then. :devilsmiley: ..pollen ftl...

4 months and 24 days until Met. Autumn.....

As we try and get thru the doldrums of spring which to many of us is the worst time of year...it's time to start looking towards our first potential torch of the new year.

Euro depicts a torch at 850 all the way to the surface and has all of interior CT/Mass, Ri into the 80-85 degree range on Monday...if the west wind inferno on the Euro verifies we'd roast..similiar to this time last year when we hit 90+ right around the same timeframe and trees were just about fully leafed out.

GFS has alot of low cloud nonsense which is most likely wrong..and wouldn't make sense give the westerly downsloping flow.

Enjoy the weather..it's the only you've got

CTUncertainty the new monicker?

"Euro weeklies are brutally cold for the time of year thru the end of April..Much much below normal"

"Sam and Birvine and Tippy are going to be absolutely miserable the next 30-45 days...much below normal temps, snowcover lasting into late April/..no spring warmth..nothing growing, nothing greening up..just cold and snowy holding hands with cold and dry...doe ci doe your partna"

"BigJoeBastardi Joe Bastardi ugly cold pattern northern plains to northeast starts later this week and lasts well into April. Bill Murray: Freeze,Gopher and golfers)"

"Euro weeklies are cold into the middle of April.. dig in for a long haul"

"JB all over it..Spring is over...Get out the heavy jackets, gloves hats and snowplows and shovels

That deep blue represents the idea that what I have been touting has merit, its 12 below normal!!!! and it also means weather more normal for MID FEBRUARY than late March!. Interestingly enough, the weather in mid February this year was more like late April!Dramamine anyone?

And yes, the snow/ice event the mid and latter part of next week is still a go, and in fact there may be a couple more of them in the weeks to follow"

"Yeah you can see the growing cold signal the last 7 days of the month on the enesembles and now the op Euro is starting to see it. After the 60's this week folks are gonna think it's warm for good. I bet April is a below normal month this year"

"Nina springs suck dude...you know it and so does everyone else..you can already see it setting up on the ensembles the final 10 days of the month..with -NAO

Gibbs texted me and said April and may look brutal this year. No getting around it this year."

"With the -NAO coming back late month and April I honestly can't wait to see those getting naked for spring anguish in misery as much as I hate cloudy, drizzly wx..it'll be worth it for them to suffer"

"JB says congrats to us late March/April

BigJoeBastardi Joe Bastardi Look for Neg NAO to evolve later March into April. Will be tough to be a little league parent or golfer new england to northern plains"

Yeah but we were still in winter mode..and didn't want that mild spell. Now that we're in spring.summer mode..it wll be welcomed

:weenie:

Yeah I was the only one posting about it those days while you freaks were drooling over long range model forecasts for 1-3"

Eh, nothing wrong with nice weather. Even snow lovers like myself welcome the pleasant temps. It's the heat that gets annoying.

Kevin - impressive Meteorological tact - haha.

Scootage - agreed, but I am also fascinated with Heat Waves. Equally so as a matter of fact.... Btw, although it is the 300-384 hour 'never-gonna-go-down-that-way' range of the GFS, the 00z run hints at a Sonoran release event... You see the 25C plateau air mass getting chargned and ready... That type of depiction, though having limited or no deterministic value at this time range, is likely to materialize in the spring when we have the -PNA/+NAO scenario.

Kevin - impressive Meteorological tact - haha.

Scootage - agreed, but I am also fascinated with Heat Waves. Equally so as a matter of fact.... Btw, although it is the 300-384 hour 'never-gonna-go-down-that-way' range of the GFS, the 00z run hints at a Sonoran release event... You see the 25C plateau air mass getting chargned and ready... That type of depiction, though having limited or no deterministic value at this time range, is likely to materialize in the spring when we have the -PNA/+NAO scenario.

LOL, I knew you'd bring that up.

I like the meteorology behind these massive + temp anomalies, but I'm not a fan of it from a comfort standpoint. Now if you can throw in a siggy severe event to break it, then by all means bring it. However, last year somehow chose to break the heat by a mundane fropa that brought us down to a cool 87F. :arrowhead:

I like the meteorology behind these massive + temp anomalies, but I'm not a fan of it from a comfort standpoint. Now if you can throw in a siggy severe event to break it, then by all means bring it. However, last year somehow chose to break the heat by a mundane fropa that brought us down to a cool 87F. :arrowhead:

I was going to bring it up to mock him, but he had already dropped the bomb. :lol:

Funny you should mentiong severe.... Timing of fropa may not work out though -

Euro continues the Monday torch and actually most of next week looks fairly warm..not much cool air behind the front

Good thing I already put my AC's in upstairs then.......I always put them in late March.......last year it worked out well when a year ago today or tomorrow?? it was 90+.....mock on if you must.....I don't care - I hate the heat.....

Euro continues the Monday torch and actually most of next week looks fairly warm..not much cool air behind the front

It does pretty substantially interrupts the heat though... There is a big high plopping down out of Canada through midweek, and you can see in the thermal fields through the verticla, a pretty classic looking notching SW... That signals NE flow pounding the coast in bright sun - nice 42F at Logan.... 60s in the CT R Valley. ....but it may not verify that way. who knows. Then by D10 the heat comes back with about equal panache as Monday. In fact, taken verbatim that would likely be the more extended above normal given this run.

Nice to see you have returned to sanity.

The forecast this weekend is not easy. What is Socks going for in Westchester?

Looks like mid-upper 40s Friday with clouds, and possibly showers, in the area...850s still below 0C.

WAA begins Saturday as the upper ridge starts to build in, but I still imagine there'll be some garbage from the wave to our south, so I'd probably say mid 50s here.

Sunday looks warmer and more humid, but another line of showers may keep temps down...60F seems reasonable here.

I just looked at the GFS/ECM at 12z, haven't seen the NWS forecast yet.

NW flow aloft screams storms riding e/se in New Eng

Well not sure it has anything to do with a NW flow... but yeah there's certainly a lot of chances for showers but where the boundary sets up is a big question. Would mean the difference between mid 50s and upper 60s.

Well not sure it has anything to do with a NW flow... but yeah there's certainly a lot of chances for showers but where the boundary sets up is a big question. Would mean the difference between mid 50s and upper 60s.

Monday might be one of those deals that torch the interior from ASH down to BDL.

Archived