Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Our first torch of 2011 April 11-12th

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could definitely see 80... but I'm forecasting 70 for now. A ripping south wind scares me this time of year to forecast record warmth.

I bet we see one of those deals where inland we heat up to 80+ quickly and then at like 2pm a screaming southerly seabreeze works its way inland dropping temps into the 50's by 3-:4;00

I bet we see one of those deals where inland we heat up to 80+ quickly and then at like 2pm a screaming southerly seabreeze works its way inland dropping temps into the 50's by 3-:4;00

It's possible but it really won't be a sea breeze the synoptic flow looks strong southerly.

80 is def possible though.

Interesting... It appear the GFS and the GGEM to some extent as well have a hint in there for MCC moving ESE through the MA late Saturday- Sunday. The GGEM actually uses it to spin up weak coastal cyclogenesis near the Va Capes

...850's are -1C , game on :lol:

just kidding... but it is interesting to see such a summery appeal erupt so fast in the runs like that.

Just saw the Euro....what a torch on Monday...could be first widespread 70s if it actually pans out, though we sometimes see it overdo these warm pushes, especially early in the season.

I would have thought March 18th was really the first widespread 70s day of the season. BDL, BOS, and PVD all broke 70 on that day, and many other non-first order stations across SNE were well into the 70s that day.

I would have thought March 18th was really the first widespread 70s day of the season. BDL, BOS, and PVD all broke 70 on that day, and many other non-first order stations across SNE were well into the 70s that day.

Yeah we've already had 1 day. It feels like an eternity ago.

Yeah we've already had 1 day. It feels like an eternity ago.

We are at dead climo for March and April despite all the complaining I here and read. Guess some expect 2010 every year, it's NE it stays chilly until May sometimes June. The flip flops, deck shoes and Aeropostle shorts with polo shirts will have to remain in the dresser for a while.

We are at dead climo for March and April despite all the complaining I here and read. Guess some expect 2010 every year, it's NE it stays chilly until May sometimes June. The flip flops, deck shoes and Aeropostle shorts with polo shirts will have to remain in the dresser for a while.

Yeah it hasn't been that brutal.

As long as its above 30F those are out in my school.

If April averages well below normal I consider that a pretty brutal month. Everyone is ready for spring... cold and gloom is just awful.

Yeah, but I'm thankful to not have to deal with things like hurricanes, tornadoes, mud slides, flash flooding, forest fires, heat above 100F, and cold below -30F on a regular basis like other parts of the country. If 40s and drizzle in April is the worst that we have to offer, well, I know a lot of people that would be just fine with that.

Probably should have specified interior being included. CP and torch valley got into low 70s. Didn't really get close here.

If April averages well below normal I consider that a pretty brutal month. Everyone is ready for spring... cold and gloom is just awful.

Yeah...being on the wrong side of BDF is pretty brutal. I guess he is talking about property damage or something, but 30s/40s and drizzle is terrible.

Archived