Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Spring Thread

Allenson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a tornado warning at the moment. Hopefully this busts.

You are under the gun on this storm,(according to the nws warning txr) take cover now! hail 1 inch and a possible tornado, A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 730 PM EDT FOR CENTRAL

WASHINGTON...NORTH CENTRAL ORANGE AND SOUTHWESTERN CALEDONIA

COUNTIES...

AT 704 PM EDT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO

INDICATE A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THE

POSSIBLE TORNADO WAS NEAR BARRE...MOVING EAST AT 40 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO...

WEST GROTON...GROTON...PEACHAM...EWELLS MILLS...

THIS STORM PRODUCED DESTRUCTIVE BASEBALL SIZE HAIL IN SOUTH DUXBURY

AT 650 PM.

post-600-0-13738200-1306451804.png

Wow! Just got power back after a 90 minute outage here on RT 108. Pretty amazing lightning and lots of wind... not severe wind but enough to litter the place with small branches and leaves.

I'll take it... it was exciting enough without having a tornado run through town.

Perfect day with a high of 85.1

Soil temp now up to 75.

The air is insanely thick with pollen and floating fluffballs... I'm curious what the insides of my lungs look like right now.

After spreading a truckload of mulch around my newly planted gardens, I'm kind of glad these storms aren't coming this way. Not in the mood for devastating 8"/hr downpours or hail. Don't see the hot pink pixels pop up too often around here. :yikes:

post-18-0-85322900-1306454080.gif

hope all down south made out OK

sure picked the wrong day to transplant the toms and cucs - the line up that went through between 5:30 and 6 shredded em, more money for our CSA I suppose

saw 1" hail, tore some limbs off the big maple, cleaned out some rotted birch trees, rained so hard sideways we had water squeeze through the basement door, got our 1" of water for the week in about 30 minutes of rain, decent light show now over coventry/irasburg

can't imagine the horror of a tornado, glad I live here

Lost power again for another 30 minutes... lightning is relentless. Stowe Electric said a line was hit by lightning behind the Town and Country Resort here on the Mountain Road, and that caused the second outage. First outage was a strike further out of town on RT 100.

Vivid, vivid lightning.

This first round is going to just miss us. Lots of lightning, lots of thunder, nary a drop and the ol' radar shows it sliding off to the NW of here.

I'm sure we'll get into some rain overnight but with the waning of the sun and the punch taken out, the potential for nutty stuff might be by the boards now. No problems with that from my view.

How about some snow pictures to go along with the Tornado Warnings?

The 12-foot high Mansfield stake has finally lost continuous snow cover... down to a "trace" of snowpack left until the piles around it disappear.

IMG_5829_edited-1.jpg

Blue line is where the snow depth was 6 weeks ago... a shade under 9 feet covering the forest floor.

IMG_5824_edited-3_line.JPG

Here's April 6th... within a week of max depth.

IMG_4910_edited-1.jpg

Archived