• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NNE Spring Thread

Allenson

12z NAM and EC are snowy here tomorrow morning. Almost 0.50" QPF in the form of wet snow for MBY. Maybe a couple inches can accumulate out of it?

Yeah dude, this could at least be interesting for a lot of the interior of CNE and NNE. This airmass is very dry (widespread <30% RH with Tds in the mid teens across VT right now) and if enough precip can get in here by 9am I could see some brief accumulations outside of the lower valleys. Like you said earlier too bad its not 6 hours earlier... then it'd be game time.

At any rate, its something somewhat interesting to watch.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah dude, this could at least be interesting for a lot of the interior of CNE and NNE. This airmass is very dry (widespread <30% RH with Tds in the mid teens across VT right now) and if enough precip can get in here by 9am I could see some brief accumulations outside of the lower valleys. Like you said earlier too bad its not 6 hours earlier... then it'd be game time.

At any rate, its something somewhat interesting to watch.

Central/Northern Greens are going to get solid accumulations tomorrow. Perhaps the high terrain of the 'Dacks as well.

Here's a couple web cam views from today... the first one is from around 12pm when the sun was out, the second one is from 5pm after clouds rolled in. It is such a bummer that people lose interest in skiing at this time of year, because the ski area could probably operate for another 2-3 weeks unless we get a prolonged torch.

I had dinner at The Shed with a couple of colleagues on Tuesday, and went for a run on Spruce ahead of time, so I added a couple of additional Tuesday images from my Stowe trip below. It’s nice that even the low-elevation, south-facing terrain of Spruce is covered, so there are so many options for turns. Mansfield was looking really nice, even before the additional snow that came in this week. All the precipitation I saw yesterday in Burlington was snow, and it was frequent, but there was never any accumulation. My wife was home and said that we also had a good bit of snow at the house yesterday, but never any accumulation, even on the old snow that is left in the yard.

19APR11C.jpg

19APR11B.jpg

Funny that you should mention The Shed. We go there with our hike club most years on our VT weekend. :) Six months till that weekend and usually my first glimpse of snow (at least in the air) in the mountains. :snowman: Though last year they had that big dump on Mansfield early and the guys encountered over a foot on there. That's a nice long season this year from first to last (not yet) snowfall.

I had dinner at The Shed with a couple of colleagues on Tuesday, and went for a run on Spruce ahead of time, so I added a couple of additional Tuesday images from my Stowe trip below. It’s nice that even the low-elevation, south-facing terrain of Spruce is covered, so there are so many options for turns. Mansfield was looking really nice, even before the additional snow that came in this week. All the precipitation I saw yesterday in Burlington was snow, and it was frequent, but there was never any accumulation. My wife was home and said that we also had a good bit of snow at the house yesterday, but never any accumulation, even on the old snow that is left in the yard.

The precipitation here is a mixture of rain and snow, but thus far there’s no accumulation to report down at this elevation. I can see that the snow looks a bit more intense a few hundred feet up in the hills, but I can’t quite make out where the accumulating snow line is in this area due to the clouds; I’d say it’s somewhere above the 1,000’ level though.

This is awesome. Everything's white and caked... half inch to an inch at 950ft. Even some accums on a paved parking lot.

Still dumping. Winter continues!

Much different even a few miles down the road at Alpine Mart. From Topnotch to the Matterhorn on 108 snow is really starting to accumulate.

starting to stick. lol. april 23 with sticking snow and a falling temperature during daylight hours. fookin weird.

Yeah....it's pretty close to moderate snow now. I have 32.7F. Everything is covered now except the roads. I'll only end up with a couple tenths of an inch, but cool nonetheless. It's better than a cold rain.

For those sick of the snow it will be in the 60s tomorrow for Easter anyway. ;)

32.7F light snow about 1/2" so far. Just went down to Bristol. Amazing how a couple of hundred feet makes the difference of what is sticking and what is not! Nothing sticking 300 feet below me although by the time I came back it looked like the snow line was slowly lowering. Wonder if the stuff in Vermont will make it here before we turn over?

32.7F light snow about 1/2" so far. Just went down to Bristol. Amazing how a couple of hundred feet makes the difference of what is sticking and what is not! Nothing sticking 300 feet below me although by the time I came back it looked like the snow line was slowly lowering. Wonder if the stuff in Vermont will make it here before we turn over?

Hopefully those bright echoes gradually weaken (change from a RA/PL look to a SN look) as it moves this way. The 12z NAM has it snowing here through 11am. By 2pm my sounding is liquid up to 700mb and all of us are done with the snow. Enjoy the last couple hours of likely the last snow of the season. :snowman:

32.5F now...the low for the day.

Archived