• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring Thread

Allenson

Still snowing at apretty good clip here, maybe an inch so far. Had to go out and clear the satellite dish off a few minutes ago and it felt like there was sleet mixed in. I love winter and all but I am getting anxious for my golf course to open. They are shooting for Wednesday the 27th but there was still some drifts blocking cart paths and solid snowcover on some fairways. This minor accumulation won't make a big difference but today is a lost melting opportunity. Anyway, not much I can do about it. 32.9F and large flakes falling.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting close to .5" here. Driveway whittening up a bit on edges and a few cracks throughout. Everything else white. Kinda sick that I cant wait for the first snow of the 11-12 winter already. If there were a place i could go that had two months of 70's and the rest of the year snow, id be packing my bags...

It was "ripping" right before it changed back. Like you said enjoy it because thats probably it, but we have said that a few times this spring already. At least it made everything white, nice to have a little change even if only for a few hours.

32.5F with light snow. Over 5 hours now with snow but temp has been just above freezing and April sun angle doesn't help. Still ground is solid white with about 1 1/2". Spoke to friend in Campton and it is not sticking down near Rt 93 and the Pemi so elevation is the key of course.

Back edge approaching now so looks like the whole event turned out to be snow.

Gene

post-268-0-81450300-1303572679.jpg

Closing in on 1" here...just measured 0.9". The changeover is close though...while taking a few pics the snow started taking on a refrozen appearance. 0C aloft is right overhead.

Since I said it started raining it has switched back to snow so you might hang on still

34.7F according to my improperly-sited thermometer.

lol.

It's very similar to that here...maybe a tenth or two higher. I can't maintain the intensity enough to stick to anything. It seems to pulse...almost like it's 70% snow, 30% rain one second, then 100% snow the next, and so on...

Got up to 33.4F and looked like it was about to go to PL/RA. Now back to 32.8F and snowing hard again. Hopefully the bright banding to my west smooths out as it approaches CADville. I'd like to finish this event and winter off with some huge 30-35dBZ parachutes.

Archived