northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 30 and April Fools Day Potential

stormtracker

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To echo others, so is the NAM. If it is a NAM based question, Saturday (not so much Friday) into Sunday. But I am guessing that if the NAM is right, it really is not much of anything with the weekend event.

I am guessing the NAM is not right. I expect light nothing mid-week and rain on the weekend while snow happens north of us. That is based on my soon-to-be-patented ZEN model. Which is basically green blotches thrown at a map in my head...

Nice - where can I sign up?

the nam has a completely different solution every run.. who cares what it shows

The NAM held point over last weekend storm... yes the QPF was lighter than was depicted... but the track was right on. The GFS gave 21236 .1 to .25 of QPF and the NAM said nothing. We got nothing. The NAM has been the best model since the DEC 26th storm. Anyone north of DC will not see anything this weekend. The storm will pass to the south and harmlessly out to sea.

Whoa, now it is going to snow, your here

Anyone tell me what the latest date for snow in DCA is. All I can find is May 10 1906

May 9th 1923 for Baltimore

April/May 1923: Oakland in Garret County reached a low temperature of -2� and Grantsville -3�F. On May 9th, 2 to 3 inches of snow fell over Garret County with flurries and light sleet across the northern section east of the Allegany Mountain region to the bay. Baltimore recorded a trace of snow. This remains the latest date snow has been seen in Baltimore. With temperatures falling below freezing on the 9th, fruit buds on trees and Strawberries in Garret County were damaged.

The NAM held point over last weekend storm... yes the QPF was lighter than was depicted... but the track was right on. The GFS gave 21236 .1 to .25 of QPF and the NAM said nothing. We got nothing. The NAM has been the best model since the DEC 26th storm. Anyone north of DC will not see anything this weekend. The storm will pass to the south and harmlessly out to sea.

sounds like selective memory to me. the nam is good with some things but when it's not consistent and does not fit near any consensus idea it should probably be discounted.

cool.. enjoy your snow thump tomorrow. be very sure to take pics so we can all see how awesome it is.

im not saying i dont buy it...it just seems like its always a bit warmer in the short range than the other high resolution models

im not saying i dont buy it...it just seems like its always a bit warmer in the short range than the other high resolution models

there's not a lot of cold air so we need big vv etc. the nam seems sorta on its own with making the first system anythnig to write home about.

Archived