• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April

griteater

Looks like mountains are going to get some NW snowfall from this system.

12 hours from now

SnowAmt3_gsp.png

24 hours from now

SnowAmt5_gsp.png

30 hours from now

SnowAmt6_gsp.png

The 15 hour 12Z NAM skew temperature chart shows precipitation on the windward side of the mountains on the NC/TN border. Temperatures should be cold enough to support snow.

Winter weather advisory posted for this event.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if all of these snow reports should go in the April thread but I figure were so close to the date it would be ok...

Snowing at Beech Mtn (the town)... Already a dusting from the picture.

post-1288-0-59122100-1301608326.jpg

awesome. I'll probably be kicking myself for not coming up. Too hard to get off work. Take some pics at Soco gap if you go up there. I bet Soco or Beech get 4-5 inches between now and Sunday. Beech is at 131.25 for the year now. I think that would put them close to record territory.

awesome. I'll probably be kicking myself for not coming up. Too hard to get off work. Take some pics at Soco gap if you go up there. I bet Soco or Beech get 4-5 inches between now and Sunday. Beech is at 131.25 for the year now. I think that would put them close to record territory.

Check this webcam out during the day. Its at Soco Gap... http://www.maggievalleyonline.com/webcams/cam2.jpg

I mentioned about that on the March thread how here temperatures were pushing close to 90° during the first week, which was really amazing to see that much surge of warmth get so far north. Thankfully we won't have to contend with that this go around.

April 1-7 2010 Highs:

2nd: 87°

5th: 87°

6th: 89°

I think you should go ahead and edit this thread name and make this the first April forecast/model thread...

I was just joking Joaquin about my snow. April fools.

LOL you had me for a few minutes. Good one. I thought of adding my april fools day obs once I figured what you had done, but saw some more real obs from our neighbors up north. But I don't think we were that far off from getting something anyway.

My Grandpa in-law keeps a rain gauge and I waited for two years till we got rain on April 1, and I filled his up to 6 inches as a joke (I think probably only people on this forum would think that was funny - my wife sure didn't seem to catch the humor in it...) Problem was, his gauge had a crack in it at 1 inch so it didn't work anyway. Perfect joke someone in my family could play on me, but then, I'd worry about them a little.

It is absolutely coming down at Sugar and Beech. Here is the link... http://skisugar.com/sugarlive/

wow it sure is! I checked it earlier this morning and saw some on the ground but not coming down enough to see. Thanks for the soco pics. I thought it would get more, maybe it will. Sounds like I need to figure out some of the backroads up to the parkway for next year.

It's about time things looked bright for a change after experiencing a few days of dreary weather. Got up to around 55° for a high which felt very warm compared to low-mid 40s despite the remaining cumulus clouds hanging around. A tad coolish with the occasional breeze but a welcoming sight indeed for all. The gradual rise in temperatures ought to make things feel like Spring once more as well which means I'll be changing out shirts again. Tomorrow's going to be quite windy for some of us as the surface winds ramp up throughout the day.

It's already down to 33 here, and I can see flurries in the flashlight beam... seriously, no April Fools. Lightning is dancing low in the NW sky in the direction of Mt. Mitchell. Radar shows snow on the Mt. Mitchell range, west of Asheville, and also west of Brevard, and the rain and snow areas seem to be expanding and moving eastward. With the strange weather this season, I wouldn't be surprised to get snow during the night. Any reports out there? Here's another photo from last week just east of me.

post-1004-0-91004600-1301716748.jpg

Some crazy river levels here in NC due to the west wind. The Tar/Pamlico in Greenville is usually pretty similar in its level from Greenville to Grimesland as the distant isnt that much maybe 10-12 miles on the river. However today due to all the rain water draining down from inland the level in Greenville is still coming up and is at 8 ft

The rain runoff hasnt reached Grimesland yet though and its levels are reacting to the what we call the blow out and its actually running a negative depth.

Actually there is a middle station on the Chicod creek that is running near 8 ft as well and thats halfway between the two above points so there is a rather dramatic rise on water level on the river today. At some point tonight the west wind will easy up and the river will actually flow back inland as the sound settles out and when that does its gonna run into all the runoff so the gauge in Grimesland should be interesting to watch tonight.

Archived