Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 23 Severe disc/obs

Ellinwood

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cell near Clarksburg sounds like it has ducting thunder (elevated instability over cold inversion, amplifying the sound). Some of the loudest thunder I have ever heard. Not sharp cracks buy house shaking booms and rolls. Very cool.

not terribly loud here -- prob not many strikes close by -- but the rumbles seem to be going on and on and on.

Rain’s about done here. 1.42” for the event. The last 5 weeks have been as wet as any similar period in my nearly 5 years in WV. Great start to the growing season after a dry winter. Over 7” now during that time.

2/21-22 0.66”

2/25-26 0.49”

2/28-3/1 0.41”

3/6-7 1.71"

3/10-11 1.94”

3/16 0.22”

3/21-22 0.21”

3/22-23 1.42”

Cell near Clarksburg sounds like it has ducting thunder (elevated instability over cold inversion, amplifying the sound). Some of the loudest thunder I have ever heard. Not sharp cracks buy house shaking booms and rolls. Very cool.

Experiencing the same thing. Rolling thunder and windows rattling for 10 seconds just a minute ago. Sounds like thunder through a traffic cone.

Rain’s about done here. 1.42” for the event. The last 5 weeks have been as wet as any similar period in my nearly 5 years in WV. Great start to the growing season after a dry winter. Over 7” now during that time.

2/21-22 0.66”

2/25-26 0.49”

2/28-3/1 0.41”

3/6-7 1.71"

3/10-11 1.94”

3/16 0.22”

3/21-22 0.21”

3/22-23 1.42”

For comparison sake I added up mine for the same period, about the same - 7.19" including today which was only 0.16". I'm +1.27" YTD using CRW's normal. I started off the same way last year and was good until August, then went very dry.

Found some time to post finally...

Eff West Virginia forever. Saw some stuff including plenty of lightning and small hail covering the road while jumping between severe-warned cells. Got some loose low-level rotation in the cell that was just to the north of the cell that went over Charleston, WV.

Maybe could have made the tornado in PA if we had decided to go north early on, but it would have been very difficult to run down in time.

Archived