• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The infamous SNE lawn thread

Damage In Tolland

Or owls or hawks. We have no grub problem here because of the crows. They will literally dig up you lawn for you if you have an infestation.

Both the red tails and barn owls take care of rodents the fox misses. Nature always balances out.

Robins have been the one going to town on my lawn. I lost some large chucks of lawn last year to the heat/dry conditions along with the grubs.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hub Dave lol. Unless owls and hawks are getting their Barry white on they usually dint hang together much. Cats are ok but can dome environmental damage too.

The best bet is really just to dynamite your lawn and start over. Then lay down a metal tarp made of radiated steel so no living organism can survive within a foot of it. Then lay down some turf above it.

I like to bleach my soil every year. About 1000 gallons should do it. For chipmunks I use hand grenades. I don't have time for a bucket system.

Hub Dave lol. Unless owls and hawks are getting their Barry white on they usually dint hang together much. Cats are ok but can dome environmental damage too.

The best bet is really just to dynamite your lawn and start over. Then lay down a metal tarp made of radiated steel so no living organism can survive within a foot of it. Then lay down some turf above it.

I like to bleach my soil every year. About 1000 gallons should do it. For chipmunks I use hand grenades. I don't have time for a bucket system.

No, kidding, just cut to the chase. Drop 100 gallons of gasoline in the damn holes and light a match an be done with the damn varmints.:gun_bandana:

Kev takes great pleasure in getting a rise out of people if you havent figured it out already.

There's a much simpler way to get rid of them.....domestic shorthair.

I don't poison rodents. Too many birds of prey, fox,coyotes, fisher cats and pets around to take the chance. But then again I have some common sense too.

There is a very good chance the neighbors cat will take care of the rodents if you don't have one.

If you need that many chemicals maybe having a nice lawn isn't for you. My lawn is epic green from late April to late October each year. I've never had to poison anything, use grubx or half the things I read about here.

Perhaps some AstroTurf is the way to go for some.

Kevin is very transparent but the fact remains he is an enemy of the environment. If I was truly militant I'd turn his name into ELF so they could take corrective action. I like Kevin though, despite his crimes against nature so I'll keep his name from them.... unless he provokes me with silly torch talk all summer. I have a lush green lawn that requires no action beyond mowing. Like Rick, I feel it is a waste of time and money to get my yard addicted to chemicals. The idea of poisoning insects that comprise the diet of any number of animals seems criminal to me. I'm not a total tree hugger, I occasionally hunt, I'm an avid fisherman and this has helped foster a strong sense of conservation of natural resources for me. What disgusts me is the detachment from nature that so many urban/suburban people display. Only someone with a complete lack of understanding of how ecosystems work would choose to pay for and then dump poisons in their yard. To me it's truly a display of stupidity.

Some people dump tons of chemicals on the lawn, others use airplanes to get in a ski run...

Lol

Very funny Dave. Most of the turns we make are earned though it's true we've used the Wilga extensively to access remote places. However, this is not comparable to pouring poison into the aquifer. That and the fact that other than tracks we left the nothing behind. Hell, we even carried out the shells from our pistachios.lol

Yes, the the last 3 days have all been above average (+5-15). Things have really greened up.

I wouldn't call one hot day a heat wave...Sunday was low 50s (below normal high, 56/46 at Central Park for 0 departure) here and yesterday was mid 50s once the rain came in. arrowheadsmiley.png

I have noticed some flowering of the fruit trees but overall things are still pretty dead for this time of year. Trees still only have small buds.

A nice light mist has fallen all day after over an inch of rain last night, just perfect for everything.

Ceremonial first cut, Sat 1pm.

irish green out there, organic iron pellets really worked along with the finished composte and corn gluten so stoked baby!!!:thumbsup:

I wouldn't call one hot day a heat wave...Sunday was low 50s (below normal high, 56/46 at Central Park for 0 departure) here and yesterday was mid 50s once the rain came in. arrowheadsmiley.png

I have noticed some flowering of the fruit trees but overall things are still pretty dead for this time of year. Trees still only have small buds.

Boston was warmer on Sunday.. got into the 60s so was Harford. 3 days +5-15. Whatever you want to call it .. it has really pushed the lawns and flowers along and seeds in my garden. I don't think things are dead for this time of year.. daffodils were out pretty early and the trees usually are just small buds at this point.

Better to have him rolling around nude on his green lawn than doing unsavory things to ski mrgs last few snowpiles.

Everyone talking about green lawns and mowing while here it's brown and white. Last of the snow has yet to melt, can't plant the garden until memorial day though frosts persist into June. The thought of Kevin fouling my remaining snow sickens me. Poor snow.

If you love your kids, the weather and surroundings this is a quick and easy read.

http://www.grinningp...des-article.htm

http://www.grinningp...des-article.htm

Nice work Joe. Why anyone would risk the health of their children by bathing their yards with such toxins is beyond me. How someone could delude themselves into thinking such products are safe is astonishing. Furthermore, the fact that such products are still legal really boggles the mind. I can't be sure but I would bet some of Kev's erratic mood swings are tied to his Lesco love affair. I just hope he hasn't started smoking it.

Archived