• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 7th-9th Potential Storm

wisconsinwx

Yeah not likely... Talking anything of importance..

Hey - if you guys want to wait around and think this thing will become more favorable for us in the south more power to ya. I've seen all I have to to know this isn't going to end well and after feb. 20th I'll be dammed if I'm duped again into thinking its possible to get a small shift south.

Yeah, in terms of a significant event I'd rather be north of you at this point.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at 18z GFS bufkit, it's all rain for MKE. About .5 QPF snow for MSN and then .5 ice and .1 rain. For LSE it's .8 or so QPF all snow for the main storm, with .15-.2 qpf for the WAA (all snow)

Other than the .15 zr and .1 snow, it's all rain for MKE...

Can we pull it off? Sure. But is that the likely outcome? Probably not. We have a god awful Pacific ( for those farther se ) for starters. In winter we can fight it at times but this time of year? Ha. We need a little help via Canada and that crappy azz Pacific is locking it up. Leaves us with two options. 1. A system that closes off completely that can stay on a more easterly course along or near i70 a bit farther south for here and a little bit north of you. 2. A system coming into Texas alot farther to the south that turns NNE when reaching the MS river or just east of there and or a Gulf low AND more importantly it HAS to be strengthening and thus not another one of these POS garbage lows that are weakening/weak like we have currently. Sorry but these weakening systems are not it. It is amazing how many of these we see too every winter. far too many shoot their load too quick. One of the things i do miss about living by the coast as the ocean kinda helps avoid that crap. Just have to fight the rn/sn line more often but it atleast usually pays off with a nice biggie every so many years unlike this place which can go decades without a decent payoff. lol

Basically we need alot to happen. Like you i am not even thinking about hoping for something that has a very slim chance of happening. This is not our winter and i don't see that changing now. I'll still watch it though.

I don't see this going far enough south. Once the wave amplifies and goes negative tilt where it's being shown, it's all over. Best case scenario would be something like the 12z GGEM but I'm not holding my breath for that...low probability event.

ya it sucks alot of that is rain, but oh well. getting closer to chasing season.

Yeah it's getting closer to be sure. I feel rather greedy wanting more snow after such an epic season. I guess it shows that no matter how much you get in a season, you still want more. Feel like some sort of a weather crackhead lol. I think we may get some wet snow at the tail end of the system, but the main band of accumulations will set up pretty far northwest of here.

I don't see this going far enough south. Once the wave amplifies and goes negative tilt where it's being shown, it's all over. Best case scenario would be something like the 12z GGEM but I'm not holding my breath for that...low probability event.

If it ends like this current junk ( very weak ) i could see it ending up farther south but that wont do most any good either unless you get real lucky and thus see Today/Detroit again.

And yeah the 12z GGEM would offer the best chance ( closed low ) but like you said it is low probability. Thus not something i would hang my hat on. As said i'll still watch it but that is about it. I am just hoping we can change that Pacific quick enough before time really does run out up this way etc.

Looks like it gonna rain here...again.

Yep. Last thing we need right now. If the thing can't pull any severe up into our neck of the woods, which isn't happening, it's another non event for us.

At least the current storm got me my first measurable snow in March in 3 years. (That's fudging spring futility a little, because I did have 2" on 4/6/09, I believe.)

Yep. Last thing we need right now. If the thing can't pull any severe up into our neck of the woods, which isn't happening, it's another non event for us.

At least the current storm got me my first measurable snow in March in 3 years. (That's fudging spring futility a little, because I did have 2" on 4/6/09, I believe.)

Run of the mill t'storms/rain look like a good bet. We've missed out on the "real" heavy rainfall lately here in LAF...hopefully that continues. The Wabash is in a precarious state as it is right now. And yes, nice to see March (spring) snow again around here.

It's way too odd how the models are so consistent. Look at the last storm where the models were flipping each run etc, then look at this current storm.

I'm guessing this is a way easier pattern?

This doesn't have the phasing questions that the current event had. With the amped up baroclinic zone and the negative tilt wave, the northern solutions might have to be favored. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but this may be a setup that the NAM might handle better.

N. Iowa to La Crosse to Wausau east towards Green Bay and points north look to be the best spot for heavier snows imo. Espically if the NAM/EURO pan out. If the GFS/GEM/UKIE track ends up more right, shift that down towards Milwaukee.

A good bet someone is going to get quite a bit of snow though.

What? Were not in a drought anymore? LOL

in_dm.png

Looks like a pretty nice soaker for eastern Iowa and northern Illinois. Hopefully we can get some embedded rumblers. St. Louis and points south look to be in line for another bout of severe weather. This would be a very dangerous weather pattern a month or two from now.

Areas from Omaha through Ft. Dodge, Mankato/Rochester, and over towards La Crosse seem to be sitting pretty for a nice thumping of snow. :guitar:

Archived