12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 7th-9th Potential Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously dude not trying to be mean but just stop. You have no clue about what you are saying.

And just like every other system the euro looks to be last again to the party. What a wild year so far following/tracking these systems.

:lol:

Still feeling like Feb 20th where 30 to 40 miles makes the difference between 3" and a 13" And then again it could all just go back to really not even remotely in the game down here like advertised earlier and congrats up north which I hope is the case... Lakes can use the melted snow more than me looking out the window at snow falling.

Two storm threads for the exact same storm? Silly. Just think of how lame it would have been had we split the Groundhog Day storm. This is equally as lame--even if there may have been trolling.

A few get sensitive to the east when they think you're trying to steal their snow or you don't agree with their many reasons of why storms shouldn't do what they do yet those same folks get repeatedly shown the door to reality and letdown yr after yr. Glad we don't have that problem with folks west of LM.

A few get sensitive to the east when they think you're trying to steal their snow or you don't agree with their many reasons of why storms shouldn't do what they do yet those same folks get repeatedly shown the door to reality and letdown yr after yr. Glad we don't have that problem with folks west of LM.

always are positives and negatives to each solution lol If this storm goes north of here but get some good downpours and storms lol south....we get snow lol

Honestly folks can do whatever they want--but yeah this is beyond silly. The split for NYC/PHL killed those regions nicely--I guess we might as well follow suit. Soon we will have 3-5 storm threads for the same storm. How cool would that be?

always are positives and negatives to each solution lol If this storm goes north of here but get some good downpours and storms lol south....we get snow lol

Yup, true. with full snow cover on its last legs here I could really care less what this storm does but my original thoughts of rain still stand strong.

What a dickered thread to come home to and catch up on. Hard to even want to read this side of the board anymore without getting perma face palm prints and hearing :blahblah: towards a few that might not have the experience they do.. News flash to them... I'm sure they were a moneyman to at one time.

Done.. had to get my .02 in though.

Honestly folks can do whatever they want--but yeah this is beyond silly. The split for NYC/PHY killed those regions nicely--I guess we might as well follow suit. Soon we will have 3-5 storm threads for the same storm. How cool would that be?

There's a little difference there. They are actually split between 2 subforums whereas we're not. This issue of splitting/not splitting within the subforum has been popping up throughout the winter and it needs to be figured out.

There's a little difference there. They are actually split between 2 subforums whereas we're not. This issue of splitting/not splitting within the subforum has been popping up throughout the winter and it needs to be figured out.

With the board growth it was inevitable this time would come and a long with the growth more bickering seems to want to come when we have such a large geography in the super thread trackers. Doesn't help we all have such a freakish passion for snow and most of the time its highly unfortunate that we all can't cash in on the same storm and are obviously hoping for different tracks.

When one of us wins the lottery they better open up a condo housing and business in the snowiest location that can support all of us snow freaks to get together and let the tracking of storms really weenie out as one group again.

Two storm threads for the exact same storm? Silly. Just think of how lame it would have been had we split the Groundhog Day storm. This is equally as lame--even if there may have been trolling.

Agreed, its much easier to eliminate those who are just trolling everyone, instead of making 2 threads for a storm.

With the board growth it was inevitable this time would come and a long with the growth more bickering seems to want to come when we have such a large geography in the super thread trackers. Doesn't help we all have such a freakish passion for snow and most of the time its highly unfortunate that we all can't cash in on the same storm and are obviously hoping for different tracks.

When one of us wins the lottery they better open up a condo housing and business in the snowiest location that can support all of us snow freaks to get together and let the tracking of storms really weenie out as one group again.

Perhaps--but folks need to stop being jealous. I enjoy more than anything tracking storms--you will see me posting in storm threads like Groundhogs Day Blizzard or east coast threads where I have no chance of snow because I enjoy it. The more we keep splitting up--the harder that is to do. Folks need to stop bickering over/being jealous of folks who see a storm. I just don't get that aspect--why get pissed at someone else's fortune when it eventually goes all ways in the end? LAF has been a screwzone all winter and I don't see ChicagoWx bickering about no snow. I think everyone here can do it. The ignore button has become a much more oft used feature for me--and I think it has paid dividends. I hope others can make judicious use of it as well.

Perhaps--but folks need to stop being jealous. I enjoy more than anything tracking storms--you will see me posting in storm threads like Groundhogs Day Blizzard or east coast threads all the time because I enjoy it. The more we keep splitting up--the harder that is. Folks need to stop bickering over/being jealous of folks who see a storm. I just don't get that aspect. LAF has been a screwzone all winter and I don't see ChicagoWx bickering about no snow. I think everyone here can do it. The ignore button has become a much more oft used feature for me--and I think it has paid dividends.

It's not about being jealous. It's about people confronting others that state opinions without backing them up. I think if the confrontation stopped and just ignored the person there would be less problems. But people are allowed to have opinions and inform someone when they feel they are wrong so it's tough. Even if someone respectfully says hey I think your wrong, that other person is going to get upset and try to prove them wrong. Then we have a me against you attitude instead of just talking weather. Merge the threads back together and give it another shot.

It's not about being jealous. It's about people confronting others that state opinions without backing them up. I think if the confrontation stopped and just ignored the person there would be less problems. But people are allowed to have opinions and inform someone when they feel they are wrong so it's tough. Even if someone respectfully says hey I think your wrong, that other person is going to get upset and try to prove them wrong. Then we have a me against you attitude instead of just talking weather. Merge the threads back together and give it another shot.

No it is. Is always ends up being about who gets snow and who doesn't. That is what it eventually seems to devolve down to in the end. If folks get in confrontations and we split into separate storm threads--well that would be the end of this forum if moderation can't take care of that. Isn't that what moderation is for?

It seems like this is the time of year when we start to see a lot of tension build up on the boards. As we transition towards spring, a lot of members who are equally interested in warm weather events conflict with members who are predominantly winter weather oriented. Members who are interested in receiving more snow are somewhat sensitive to those who wish for warmer solutions/severe weather at this time of year. Everyone has different tastes, and that includes weather I guess.

Baro, whats your analysis on the storm if i may ask...still a chance this thing cuts more than what most models are showing? I gotta hope for the 18Z dgex...lol or what the 0Z nam is showing for anything decent for my area.

Small threat at this point. Perhaps a bit NW if the ejecting wave is much stronger--but the big culprit here is the spill of arctic air ahead of the ejecting storm that drives the baro zone a lot farther S than initially progged. That can be blamed on the poorly (and no fault of the models) simulated low amplitude wave ahead of the main storm--the wave passing through the Intermountain W around 42-66 hours and the resulting arctic push behind that system as it ejects into the plains. There is also some interference with the northern stream and some leftovers of the Polar Vortex which will shunt height rises ahead of the bigger storm until it is much farther E. Right now a NW/N trend, if it even occurs, probably won't result in a substantial difference.

It seems like this is the time of year when we start to see a lot of tension build up on the boards. As we transition towards spring, a lot of members who are equally interested in warm weather events conflict with members who are predominantly winter weather oriented. Members who are interested in receiving more snow are somewhat sensitive to those who wish for warmer solutions/severe weather at this time of year. Everyone has different tastes, and that includes weather I guess.

Yep--I totally agree. And we don't solve that problem by splitting off into multiple storm threads and even smaller and more fractured regions.

http://www.americanw...wx-the-divided/

Harry started the other thread. If he wants it to be merged with this one, I will gladly do so. Otherwise, I'm inclined to let it be.

If we're going to experiment with splitting the group, we have to start somewhere. This can be a test run to see how it goes. This isn't life or death guys.

Small threat at this point. Perhaps a bit NW if the ejecting wave is much stronger--but the big culprit here is the spill of arctic air ahead of the ejecting storm that drives the baro zone a lot farther S than initially progged. That can be blamed on the poorly (and no fault of the models) simulated low amplitude wave ahead of the main storm--the wave passing through the Intermountain W around 42-66 hours and the resulting arctic push behind that system as it ejects into the plains. There is also some interference with the northern stream and some leftovers of the Polar Vortex. Right now a NW/N trend, if it even occurs, probably won't result in a substantial difference.

ok, thanks...appreciate your thoughts.

Archived