amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 7th-9th Potential Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is he wishcasting when he thinks the EURO is right? Which would give S. WI rain?

He doubts the models will shift south (an assertion) but he doesn't back it up with any meteorological evidence. Then he then claims he thinks south/central WI (where he lives) are in the sweet spot. I know you're a kid, but this isn't rocket science.

I'm not wishcasting. I said the favored areas imo are a little north of me, but I still think I have a better chance than the Eastern Lakes. Chances are the Euro is closer to reality just because, as Des Moines' AFD said, with limited snow cover in Iowa, it will pull the storm further north. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I'm trying to be realistic.

I'm not wishcasting. I said the favored areas imo are a little north of me, but I still think I have a better chance than the Eastern Lakes. Chances are the Euro is closer to reality just because, as Des Moines' AFD said, with limited snow cover in Iowa, it will pull the storm further north. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I'm trying to be realistic.

It's best not to accuse others, especially a whole region, of wishcasting, because unless it's blatantly obvious, you're only going to draw heat upon yourself, especially considering you're a novice.

Believe me, if I noticed someone wishcasting, even from the eastern Lakes, I'd call them out on it. So far, all I'm seeing are people discussing the models/potential.

It's best not to accuse others, especially a whole region, of wishcasting, because unless it's blatantly obvious, you're only going to draw heat upon yourself, especially considering you're a novice.

Believe me, if I noticed someone wishcasting, even from the eastern Lakes, I'd call them out on it. So far, all I'm seeing are people discussing the models/potential.

Ok, I'm sorry. Btw, my meteorological evidence (not self-discovered, I admit) was the point made on Des Moines' AFD about the snow cover trending systems northward recently, and how it would probably steer this system as well.

Ok, I'm sorry. Btw, my meteorological evidence (not self-discovered, I admit) was the point made on Des Moines' AFD about the snow cover trending systems northward recently, and how it would probably steer this system as well.

The snowcover or lack thereof could play a role but there are some other factors too...entry location into the Plains and wave strength/amplitude to name a couple.

Double thread? What happened?

I think we all need to be civil to each other. The last thing we want to do is chase away the Pro Mets and Newbies. OR this site will end up in the perils of AccuWeather forums in which we have an over moderated site filled with bitter home gamers and stellar weenies.

Money-

If S Wi gets 8-10 inches, you can see my package... I really have doubts this thing is nothing more then a small turd nugget.

I'll pass on that offer :lightning:

Double thread? What happened?

I think we all need to be civil to each other. The last thing we want to do is chase away the Pro Mets and Newbies. OR this site will end up in the perils of AccuWeather forums in which we have an over moderated site filled with bitter home gamers and stellar weenies.

I thought it was pretty civil tbh. Just best for the site imo. Been a lot of arguments going on today, and it's just going to continue until the storm passes. Obviously some people think the EURO is onto something, while the eastern part of the region thinks the southern trend is going to continue.

Central region is probably one of the best regions on this site (less arguments etc)

I also wanna say I have nothing against any of the eastern section posters as well. I can see why they think this storm will trend south, I obviously think they are wrong, but we'll see how it turns out. Just take a break from each other for a week (seperate threads etc) and see how this goes.

from FSD AFD

DID NOT REALLY FOLLOW THE GEM

GLOBAL THINKING THAT USUALLY THE CENTRAL/SRN RCKYS LOWS EJECT

FURTHER NEWD THAN ANTICIPATED. SO IN THIS FCST...TRENDED CLOSER TO

THE GFS AND ECMWF WHICH BRING THE UPPER LOW ACROSS THE NEB AND KS

BORDER...BUT WITH SLIGHT TIMING DIFFERENCES. THIS TIME AROUND...THE

GFS IS A BIT SLOWER THAN THE ECMWF WHICH IS A SWITCH. AT ANY RATE...

BLENDING THE TWO MODELS TIMING DIFFERENCES IS PRUDENT WHICH BRINGS

THE CRUX OF THE UPPER ENERGY THRU OUR FA LATE TUE AND TUE NIGHT...

AND THIS AREA IS PLACED IN A STRONG LEFT EXIT REGION OF THE JET. SFC

WISE...THE LOW FOLLOWS A TRACK ENEWD ACROSS SRN IA BY WED. WOULD NOT

BE SURPRISED AT ALL WHEN THE EVENT GETS CLOSER IF FUTURE MODEL RUNS

WILL ONCE AGAIN BEGIN A FURTHER NORTH TREND...LIKE THE MODEL RUNS

WERE ON WED AND THUR. SOMEBODY AROUND HERE IS LIKELY TO GET A LOT OF

SNOW.

I'd probably decline too :thumbsdown:

NWS here doesn't say to much about this yet... Think we've been burned a lot lately with models showing big storms and then the storms not showing up.

Could be mixing issues so 8-10 might end up being 2-4 of slop if that snow falls during the day/temps are warm/planets are aligned.... *if* it even materializes to begin with.

2 threads? Its good to have a back up :scooter:

Archived