12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Monday Feb 28 Severe Weather Threat

Cheeznado

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible Tornadic cell just west of Lake Murray, SC heading the general direction of Chapin/Little Mtn/Ballentine/Irmo

just called family members in Chapin and Irmo to warn them, they had no clue, well dads weather radio alerted the Tornado Warning when I was on the phone with him

:lmao::lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

the lightning the last 5 minutes has been incredible. Just had several rounds of hard hitting bolts. And the raindrops are huge. I'm extremely impressed with how long this is lasting here. It just keeps redeveloping.

I can hear the thunder :wub: We can sure use the rain :)

This is just to my northwest....

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC

713 PM EST MON FEB 28 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN COLUMBIA HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD COUNTY IN CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA

NORTHWESTERN LEXINGTON COUNTY IN CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA

SOUTHERN NEWBERRY COUNTY IN CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA

NORTHWESTERN RICHLAND COUNTY IN CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA

NORTHERN SALUDA COUNTY IN CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA

* UNTIL 800 PM EST

* AT 709 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 16 MILES WEST OF

PROSPERITY...OR ABOUT 13 MILES SOUTHWEST OF NEWBERRY...MOVING EAST

AT 55 MPH.

* OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO

PROSPERITY AND IRMO

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

1.35" here and still raining...good grief never expected this much :guitar:

still pouring . I never imagined this to hang around like this. Usually we get a quick moving line, in and out in no time. Just went out to check the gauge (.95") and see several flashes of cloud to cloud over the Upstate region, and still hearing the thunder.

still pouring . I never imagined this to hang around like this. Usually we get a quick moving line, in and out in no time. Just went out to check the gauge (.95") and see several flashes of cloud to cloud over the Upstate region, and still hearing the thunder.

Yeah. I'm up to .66 per the airport data here. There was one loud rumble of thunder a few minutes ago, which was a bit surprising. Moderate rain continuing to fall here. Sitting at 57°/55° DP. I'm loving every bit of this moment.

:maprain::)

Looks like it's finally ending at 1.35" thank you Lord

You've done terrific down your way. Received much more than I figured you folks in extreme NW SC would get. :clap:

Sweet! 4 separate rains this month totaling 4.9"...at least we didn't lose anymore ground on the drought and a promising start in early March.

Sweet! 4 separate rains this month totaling 4.9"...at least we didn't lose anymore ground on the drought and a promising start in early March.

true. I hope this season won't belike so many of the last few, where late Feb/Early March has one or 2 big events, then the faucet goes dry until August.

Right before the rain departed, one last hurrah from the lightning occurred with an explosion of thunder from a very close bolt! The whole house felt like an earthquake was occurring. Nice finishing touch it was.

EDIT(8:58): Looks like I've finished with exactly .79 inches here. Not bad.

Guys...just got done talking to a friend down on the southern end of the county...no power, trees are down everywhere and a couple wood utility buildings fell about 4:30 this afternoon. Looking back at the radar from that time and a couple comments that were made on facebook...I'm starting to wonder if we may have had some rotation down that way.

Just got power back. Out for 2.5 hours. It must have been a lightning strike. The storm weakened as it moved over me. It didn't seem out of the ordinary here. Hail covered the ground and there were reports of 70+ mph winds in Lexington about 12 miles to my west. I saw pictures of the hail but not sure how reliable the wind reports were.

forsythia and daffodils are open here. I think tulips might be, or were..looks like the deer ate them this year.

Daffodils came out here 2/18, tulips 2/19. Azaleas bloomed 2/21. Trees leafed out 2/24. Cape Myrtle bloomed from 2/25-2/26. Beautiful reds and yellows when my maples turned 2/27. All leaves down from today's rain. Bring on the winter!!!

Daffodils came out here 2/18, tulips 2/19. Azaleas bloomed 2/21. Trees leafed out 2/24. Cape Myrtle bloomed from 2/25-2/26. Beautiful reds and yellows when my maples turned 2/27. All leaves down from today's rain. Bring on the winter!!!

sounds wicked. My azaleas aren't really close to opening yet..usually around Easter. The rain event was a good one at .99"

I tried to chase the bow echo that ended up in Chatham county. Unfortunately we failed to catch it because we got stuck in traffic and the damn thing was moving at 60 mph. On the upside I do know pykl3 works awesome for radar on my droid. I will have to review the footage to see if I caught any lightning on the high speed. There were some amazing strikes and of course the best ones I know I missed.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC

835 PM EST MON FEB 28 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON... ..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.... ..REMARKS..

0710 PM LIGHTNING CARY 35.79N 78.80W 02/28/2011 WAKE NC AMATEUR RADIO

LIGHTNING STRUCK A HOUSE IN DUTCHESS VILLAGE ON VERMEL COURT. NUMEROUS FIRE CREWS ON SCENE. AMOUNT OF DAMAGE UNKNOWN.

&&

EVENT NUMBER

RAH1100264

$

JO

Archived