• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Current New England TV mets

HoarfrostHubb

I don't think I get any CT stations (so I don't get to watch the esteemed Ryan H), and I forget if I still get any of the PVD ones... a couple of NH ones

I'll throw a few names out there as far as who is reporting the weather

(not sure why I am doing this)

Tim Kelly, Matt Noyes, Danielle Niles NECN

Barry Burbank, Melissa Mack, Joe Joyce, Todd Gutner WBZ 4 Boston

add away!

When I was a kid (no cable) we pretty much watched Boston stations (the CT stations didn't come in). Bruce Schwoegler and Dick Alberts were SNE weather back then.

Now, I watch Ryan, probably because he's here, although maybe because he's a good met :snowman:

Dr. Mel seems to focus on the shoreline?

Hilton was a true geek, I liked to watch him - kinda like Dick Alberts.

Who is the guy on WMUR, he is a weenie, love him when I am up there.

Which "guy"???

Mike Haddad is the Chief Met.....Kevin Skarupa, Josh Judge, and Bill Gile about round out the "force".....

Oh.......Chris Jarzynka (aka Chris Thomas) still does some weekend/holiday/vacation fills.......

I say....Bring back "Uncle Gus"....also "The Atlantic Weatherman" (Atlantic reference to the gasoline sponsor, NOT the ocean....!)

Oops.......dating myself......:rolleyes: Remembering those LOOOOOONNNGG "fades-to-black".......:whistle:

Wonder what happened to Ken Barlow from WBZ He was gone last March...

He was banished to Sacramento; watched him for years in MInnesota.

Dr. Mel is on wtnh; he spends time covering the shoreline and western Conn.

Joe Furey, on WTIC radio is pretty sharp.

CBS: Charlie Lopresti, Sarah Long, Craig Miller

NBC: Kevin Mannix, Kelley Labreque, Joe Cupo, Keith Carson, Steve McKay

ABC: Tom Chisolm, Roger Griswald, Matt Zidle

There are some weekend guys that i am sure i forgot........

Tom no longer works at WMTW... last month I heard they pushed him to weekends, and he ended up leaving on his own. Moved to Florida I read. Roger Griswold is now the chief.

Sharon Meyer has long done the weather for CBS 3 WCAX in Burlington, Vt. I think the NBC guy is Tom Messner. He covered ch 5 out of Plattsburgh/ Burlington and tv31 out of Lebanon. I don't pick up either station anymore but I think they are still in place.

Now I know most of you are napping at that hour, due to all-night-ensemble-scrutinizing, but if you want to see a blue screen gestured at meaningfully you've got to watch wcvb mornings before GMA, fine gesticulation. And even if you've lost your license you should stick around for traffic. Some real quality pointing going on.

Long may we remember Stu Soroka

Now I know most of you are napping at that hour, due to all-night-ensemble-scrutinizing, but if you want to see a blue screen gestured at meaningfully you've got to watch wcvb mornings before GMA, fine gesticulation. And even if you've lost your license you should stick around for traffic. Some real quality pointing going on.

Long may we remember Stu Soroka

In that vein long may we remember John Quill, a true Western Mass. legend from Ch.22.

Archived