• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Over/under for amount of snowpack left

Damage In Tolland

This was taken a few minutes ago. Some spots still look like this with 2-2.5 feet (at the peak the snow was just shy of reaching that bottom branch) of snow even after today, then there are other sunny spots with around 12-15". I could see this lasting until April. Its melted maybe 4-5" all week even with the 2 days of 50s and 1 day of 40. Down to 54 after a high of 58.

100_0066.jpg

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big hit today 14-16 sun front yard 16-18 back, paths are down to ice and grass, seeing landmarks lost. Good news is ice jam on front sun side of roof is gone, back side down to about 5 inches but gutters flowing. Sad day but it was a lifelong dream run, no regrets here. Looking now to add to yearly and for one last Biggie.

Well we're now into the high dewpoint disaster mode. Dews in the mid 30's to near 40..there is what is going to destroy our snowpack and probably give me 12 beers from Scooter and Phil. I thought we' d have today with dews still under 32... Noone drops below 40-45 tonight

33/31, Dewpoint has been declining since 3pm. Snowpack has firmed right up. You'll owe Scooter and Phil when all is over.

If tomorrow is like today, then I may escape with still 18"+....though we'll have to see if we lose some tonight too. But temps is already down to 41 with dew in lower 30s so I don't think it will be much.

Looks like we went from about 26" to 22-23" today.

If tomorrow is like today, then I may escape with still 18"+....though we'll have to see if we lose some tonight too. But temps is already down to 41 with dew in lower 30s so I don't think it will be much.

Looks like we went from about 26" to 22-23" today.

You can't be on winter Hill then...it's still 47 here and at ORH both at 1,000 feet. We'll lose a few more overnight and 5-10 tomorrow

You can't be on winter Hill then...it's still 47 here and at ORH both at 1,000 feet. We'll lose a few more overnight and 5-10 tomorrow

I was just up there and took pics...I'll post them in a minute but it was 41F up there. Usually its not that diff from the airport, but it is this evening for whatever reason. Wind must have died just enough to let it cool more than airport.

Can not see how you lose much than 3-4 more tomorrow, 24 hours left in the thaw that was talked about for 10 days that lasted 2

Totally overblown. Less here as we're safely frozen. I think Kevin knew he wouldn't lose as much as he was saying and made a losing bet just to be reassured by Scott/Phil.lol

Can not see how you lose much than 3-4 more tomorrow, 24 hours left in the thaw that was talked about for 10 days that lasted 2

I'm just hoping tomorrow stays cloudy and I think we'll be ok. Hours of sun tomorrow could put a pretty good assault on it. I'll be relieved when the cold front moves through tomorrow night.

The warmer weather actually does feel nice and no need to bundle up...but I have little use for it this time of year, especially with a deep snow pack. So I'll be glad when its gone. It can come back for golf season.

Here's the RFC snow depth map this morning...not perfect, but neither is NOHRSC which inflates in spots. This one looks slightly low for here, but its not far off. Has me near 20" and probably had 25" this morning.

sd1today.jpg

What this captures incredibly well is the differenial between say mansfield/north attleboro/north easton/sharon/stoughton with say south easton, taunton, attleboro...it's incredible.

This is the first time I think it's REALLY obvious on the snow depth maps too.

Archived