joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Over/under for amount of snowpack left

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post the amount of snow now in your backyard.

Then post how much you think you will have left after the attack is over next Saturday 2/19

36 inches OTG now

Less than 8 inches when it's over :(

No way. I'll take the over on 8" for you. You've had 36" for a week. That should be compacted by now. Even Will has less.

I had more than he did to begin with. That's what i had late Tuesday afternoon. I'll measure again today..but it's not far from that #..

This is going to be one of those deals, where the sunny sides of neighborhoods will have significantly less than shaded areas. Also, hill tops FTL in this pattern with overnight mins potentially.

This will highly depend on those areas exposed to sun. I expect to take a big hit with high overnight mins and areas exposed to sun.

Well I'm not talking about an area on a south facing slope that gets torched by 65 degree temps in the sun all day..Just your avg neighborhood that gets maybe a few hous of non direct sunlight in any given day.

This will highly depend on those areas exposed to sun. I expect to take a big hit with high overnight mins and areas exposed to sun.

yeah south facing exposed areas will get hit hard but wooded areas will hold on pretty long i think. would have to take the over on 8" for tolland.

this isn't the same as melting off a fresh 12" snowstorm.

Well I'm not talking about an area on a south facing slope that gets torched by 65 degree temps in the sun all day..Just your avg neighborhood that gets maybe a few hous of non direct sunlight in any given day.

I think you'll be surprised at your snow. It should very stubborn to melt with all that ice and high water content.

Post the amount of snow now in your backyard.

Then post how much you think you will have left after the attack is over next Saturday 2/19

36 inches OTG now

Less than 8 inches when it's over :(

if its a 4-5 day humid airmass with continuous dews AOA 40 and foggy with some rain, then i could see that.

but it doesnt look to be that at all from what i can gather.

so i'll go over, for now........

LOL and you took him serious?, geezus I just looked at your forecast, do not break 40 for a week, why are you obsessed?

Dude..there's gonna be 2 days late next week that get well into the 50's and one day might hit 60 in the valley...I'm more worried about having a night or 2 where the top of my hill doesn't drop below 40

well i guess i dont really know....

if there are daytime highs near 60 with dews in the 40s for a few days and nighttime dews AOA 40, it will be vaporized.

is it really going to be that severe? i didnt think so but maybe im wrong ....

I have six inches of water in a 24 inch concrete hard pack, I seriously doubt vaporize will enter the equation. Humidity levels and dews are low on the forecast so called torch days. This is a funny thread, the guys are trying to panic Kevin.

I have six inches of water in a 24 inch concrete hard pack, I seriously doubt vaporize will enter the equation. Humidity levels and dews are low on the forecast so called torch days. This is a funny thread, the guys are trying to panic Kevin.

I am severely panicked. Time will tell I guess. Fingers crossed

i dont know how warm its going to get for you guys so i cant say for sure. i dont think the models are clear yet either.

Archived