e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Fall 2011

JoMo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Tulsa is playing with their zones again.

StormSnowAmt.png

I've only seen a few flurries despite the band increasing over me, too dry?

And reports of around 6" in central KS so far.

There are reports of widespread 3-7" amounts in central Kansas with some areas getting into the 8-12" range now. There is a band about 45 miles N of Wichita that has been stuck there all morning. Just seen a report of 2.6" snow in 1 hour in the town of McPherson in central Kansas.

There are reports of widespread 3-7" amounts in central Kansas with some areas getting into the 8-12" range now. There is a band about 45 miles N of Wichita that has been stuck there all morning. Just seen a report of 2.6" snow in 1 hour in the town of McPherson in central Kansas.

yeah I've been watching the reports, it's been snowing at Chanute in SE KS heavily for a long time in that band. I'd like to know how much they've accumulated. It looks like the band is pushing to the E or ENE but it seems to be redeveloping some SW of Wichita.

Just saw the reports for some counties in the band in SE KS..... 3-5" with 1/4 mile visibility.

Appears the dry air is winning out here.

Just looking over my 18Z run, looking at some forecasted snow amounts to include Wichita at 7.6", Dodge City 7.4" and in Oklahoma, Tulsa around 9" and Oklahoma City aorund 10.3". A continous band of heavy snow still holding up just north of the Wichita area. Curious to know what kind of snowfall rates they are getting in that band. View the complete snowfall output at http://smartwxmodel.net

So, what do you think this ultimately means for SW MO? I apologize if it has been discussed, but my superintendent is curious as to what plans they should make regarding evening events. I think they should be fine, but I wanted a second opinion.

I think they'll be fine as well. That band hasn't produced anything over Joplin despite sitting there for a couple hours.

The weather guys out of OKC and Tulsa really don't have a clue about totals...they are all over the place!!LOL

I think the TV guys down here are pretty uniform. Gary England going with 6-12", Mike Morgan 6-11", and Rick Mitchell 6-10". I've noticed the NWS us updated their snowfall totals map more often than normal the past couple of days.

hey! still going tonight? got the sign made?

It's tomorrow night...if they don't postpone it lol. But the sign will be made either way...and will eventually be my avatar. :whistle:

@ouamber Idk...maybe the ratios will fool me, but the ECMWF spits out about .48" of QPF. But then again the GFS spits out .67". So maybe just saying a straight up 6" was lowballing it a bit.

ICT CWA..

0339 PM HEAVY SNOW LYONS 38.35N 98.20W

02/08/2011 E9.5 INCH RICE KS LAW ENFORCEMENT

0330 PM HEAVY SNOW HUTCHINSON 38.07N 97.91W

02/08/2011 M9.5 INCH RENO KS EMERGENCY MNGR

9.5 INCHES OF SNOW WITH UP TO 2 FOOT DRIFTS IN SOME

PLACES. ALL ROADS SNOW PACKED AND HEAVY SNOW IS STILL

FALLING

0318 PM HEAVY SNOW LINDSBORG 38.57N 97.67W

02/08/2011 M10.0 INCH MCPHERSON KS TRAINED SPOTTER

MEASURED 10 INCHES OF SNOW WITH TWO FOOT DRIFTS.

0302 PM HEAVY SNOW 10 N EL DORADO 37.97N 96.86W

02/08/2011 M9.5 INCH BUTLER KS EMERGENCY MNGR

Archived