• Last Reply

Been out all day but thought I would post some 12z Euro totals:

JLN - .55

FAY - .68

TUL - .71

OKC - .68

FSM - .67

SGF - .45

Most of this falls in an 18-24 hr period, all snow.

Thanks. Looking like a very nice, uniform moderate to borderline high-end event for just about everyone, assuming the current rock-solid consensus holds. (Who am I kidding?)

Had a big melt down today.. Temps got up to 40 degrees. Have like 2 inches left on the ground. Since this system is expected to be big that means its going to be small here. lol

The good news for you is that its an overrunning system and not a closed low or deeper low pressure that induces a ton of warm air advecting into the mid-levels...so there should be no sleet or freezing rain concerns at all with this event, its just going to be if you can get into the heavier snows.

For whatever reason I am not "feeling" this system. I guess I have been proved wrong before, but I will be curious to see what the 00z and 12z models say before getting too excited.

Yeah I kinda have the same "non-feeling" about this one as well. I still think this one has a chance to be primarily an OK/AR storm but maybe this has something to do with the fact I dont believe we could ever get 6-8 inches on top of 10 inches lol.

Been out all day but thought I would post some 12z Euro totals:

JLN - .55

FAY - .68

TUL - .71

OKC - .68

FSM - .67

SGF - .45

Most of this falls in an 18-24 hr period, all snow.

What about ICT? I am trying to decipher where the heaviest precip falls based on the 12z Euro. As an aside, kudos to the Tulsa WFO for informing the public about the threats from the next couple of storms Tulsa Briefings. It is prolly likely after an historic event like this last storm was, to lose sight of whats coming in the pipeline.

What about ICT? I am trying to decipher where the heaviest precip falls based on the 12z Euro. As an aside, kudos to the Tulsa WFO for informing the public about the threats from the next couple of storms Tulsa Briefings. It is prolly likely after an historic event like this last storm was, to lose sight of whats coming in the pipeline.

ICT = .61

ok where is everyone wheres okie333 and arkieokie and nw whiteout?

I'm here...this looks to be another near-lock WSW-criteria snowfall. I kind of have doubts, but I think that's just because I'm so amazed this could actually happen. Seriously, this is something that's supposed to happen when I'm in Michigan...not Oklahoma. But I'll take it! :guitar:

Am here now had to work today. I tell you what 20 miles north of here got clobbered. Lowry city still has 23" on the ground its insane! Alot of mine down this way has melted or packed down today. I can only imagine what they started with at work up north!

I'm here...this looks to be another near-lock WSW-criteria snowfall. I kind of have doubts, but I think that's just because I'm so amazed this could actually happen. Seriously, this is something that's supposed to happen when I'm in Michigan...not Oklahoma. But I'll take it! :guitar:

I really like the chances south of I-40 with this event given the models almost always underestimate the presence of that high beyond 2 days...the GEM is the worst, hence why it has the snows mainly in KS initially...this event IMO will have minimal impact much north of an Enid-Stillwater-Tulsa line given its likely to become suppressed with time...it may even be the axis of heaviest snow winds up south of OUN but I still think you're good for 3-5 inches or so at worst based on what I see now.

I'm here, caught between hoping for a huge snowfall and hoping it will just go away. On one hand I LOVE a good snow. On the other, my kids missed 4 days of school this week and we're all a little stir crazy right now lol. It's looking pretty positive so far, though. Tulsa has us getting around 6 inches Wednesday.

I had lived in Tulsa area for about 15 years, and I recall some good snow events, 6-9", but nothing like what is happening now. I know all the guys in Tulsa are keeping a watchful eye on this system on the 9th. Looks like a light system pushing in on the 7th then starting to see the effects of the snow on the 9th mostly light. Also trying to push a bit of Freezing Rain during the transition to Snow on my smartmodel.

00z GFS trends south. The axis of heaviest totals looks to be Elk City-Pauls Valley-Hugo in OK, with SWO and TUL on the northern fringes of the good stuff. Big hit for SPS and DFW in TX.

I have to say, I can't remember a system that really delivered for that entire swath in the six years I've lived here. SW OK and NW TX are pretty overdue (whereas E OK and W AR really aren't, if I may say so myself :guitar:).

00z GFS trends south. The axis of heaviest totals looks to be Elk City-Pauls Valley-Hugo in OK, with SWO and TUL on the northern fringes of the good stuff. Big hit for SPS and DFW in TX.

I have to say, I can't remember a system that really delivered for that entire swath in the six years I've lived here. SW OK and NW TX are pretty overdue (whereas E OK and W AR really aren't, if I may say so myself :guitar:).

The 1988 storm is the only one which really did...I believe every county in OK recorded 6 inches of snow except for a couple in the panhandle...this event is quite similar though it dives in more from the NW as opposed to ejecting from the SW....the result I think will be that the heaviest amounts are from I-40 south.

Oh that reminds me i need a new snow shovel lol....mine broke :(

Mine, too..and there aren't any to be had in the Tulsa area. :(

I was able to patch it up since it's plastic, but I don't know if it'll handle another big storm.

The major streets here melted pretty good, but the warmth and sun didn't make much of a dent in the snow on the grass or the sidewalk. Or the side roads that still had the full complement of snow. It'll definitely be interesting to see how the next couple of rounds play out. And, shamefully, even more interesting to see if the hinted-at pattern change materializes. I'd find the snow a lot more pleasant if people didn't try to kill me with their stupidity on a daily basis.

Mine, too..and there aren't any to be had in the Tulsa area. :(

I was able to patch it up since it's plastic, but I don't know if it'll handle another big storm.

The major streets here melted pretty good, but the warmth and sun didn't make much of a dent in the snow on the grass or the sidewalk. Or the side roads that still had the full complement of snow. It'll definitely be interesting to see how the next couple of rounds play out. And, shamefully, even more interesting to see if the hinted-at pattern change materializes. I'd find the snow a lot more pleasant if people didn't try to kill me with their stupidity on a daily basis.

Cant really patch mine up the wooden handle completely snapped in half then the handle broke in half.....oh well its lasted me about 8 years time for a new one lol. I cant find any all stores are sold out! Back roads here are a slushy mess. Snow has compacted from probly 21-22" down to 14" now. The areas of 3-4 feet drifts are down to about 20" now.

Archived