• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Fall 2011

JoMo

Yes. That's how a plow works. It pushes the snow from the center of the road to the side. You *might* have to use a shovel and clear your driveway.

I already did....... twice.

Calling the city and making them come out and do it. About 1/2 the block is doing the same.

Really really stupid of them to plow something that didn't need plowed.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the storm even made it on land yet? Couldn't it strengthen?

It may be stronger at the onset but it's going to 'snow itself out' as it heads east and weakens. Earlier in the week, it looked like it would phase with some N Stream energy, and a repeat of last week would happen, but the models have since backed off on that idea.

Calling the city and making them come out and do it. About 1/2 the block is doing the same.

The city was not prepared and really was clueless from the start on how to handle this. There are plenty of residents sharing your same concern and I am sure there will be a policy review by public works at some point in time.

The city was not prepared and really was clueless from the start on how to handle this. There are plenty of residents sharing your same concern and I am sure there will be a policy review by public works at some point in time.

I'd say. It's been almost a week since the storm and they are just now getting around to plowing it and all they did was take what little snow was left and push it in front of everyones driveways that were clear. They did salt it earlier in the week.

6 inches..that's it? That's this major storm we have been hearing about for the last few days? Woopidoo :angry:

6 inches is a major storm here. IDK about OUN or OKC, but it'll be enough tol shut us down for a couple of days here at the other end of the turnpike.

I'm of two minds. The weenie in me wants another foot or even more. The practical part of me who will be driving everyone around like a taxi service would rather keep it under 8 inches so there won't be any digging involved. Besides, there's nothing wrong with Spot getting dumped on. ;)

I got lucky and the plow guy raised the blade when he got to everyones driveway on this road. Not to say the next guy who plows will be as nice lol.

Dick Ferot was also the guy calling for flurries on Friday when we got 4-5 inches..really can't stand that guy!! Travis Meyer is the man in Tulsa anyway:) How can there be so much difference between the NAM and GFS? This storm doesn't know where it wants to go!

Dick Ferot was also the guy calling for flurries on Friday when we got 4-5 inches..really can't stand that guy!! Travis Meyer is the man in Tulsa anyway:) How can there be so much difference between the NAM and GFS? This storm doesn't know where it wants to go!

tulsa office has south and west getting the most.whistle.gif

I would think TSA would be close to pulling the trigger on a Winter Storm Watch... wouldn't you? The criteria in that area is only 4"+ and they should easily reach that in most areas (at least as of now). I guess maybe they will wait for the 00z models?

This afternoon or tonight.

Ok, JoMo... I think I know why, but maybe you can verify my thinking (or someone who knows more than I)...

models have heavy snow going across Oklahoma and Arkansas. They also have a heavy area of snow across Eastern KS into the KC area. If the the trend is further south for the Oklahoma snow, would that bring the system across KS further south as well???

I would think TSA would be close to pulling the trigger on a Winter Storm Watch... wouldn't you? The criteria in that area is only 4"+ and they should easily reach that in most areas (at least as of now). I guess maybe they will wait for the 00z models?

TSA Afternoon AFD

CONSIDERED A WINTER STORM WATCH...BUT WILL DEFER TO EVENING

AND MID SHIFT WHO WILL HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT THIS SYSTEM AS IT ENTERS

THE UPPER AIR NETWORK OVER THE NEXT 12 HOURS.

If it weren't for the WWA over much of central AR, I would think the LZK would have pulled the trigger on a WSW.

Ever been in a snowstorm in Little Rock? That is a place that cannot handle it.

TULSA OFFICE

A POWERFUL STORM SYSTEM WAS CURRENTLY MOVING ONTO THE WESTERN

CANADIAN COAST...AND WILL DIVE SOUTHEAST INTO THE SOUTHERN ROCKIES

BY TUESDAY. SNOW MAY DEVELOP ACROSS NORTHERN OKLAHOMA AS EARLY AS

TUESDAY AFTERNOON...WITH SNOW EXPANDING ACROSS MOST OF EASTERN

OKLAHOMA AND NORTHWEST ARKANSAS TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY AND

BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES. AT THIS TIME...A LARGE AREA OF 5 TO

9 INCHES OF SNOW APPEAR LIKELY...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS

POSSIBLE BEFORE SNOW BEGINS TO TAPER OFF WEDNESDAY EVENING.

Ok, JoMo... I think I know why, but maybe you can verify my thinking (or someone who knows more than I)...

models have heavy snow going across Oklahoma and Arkansas. They also have a heavy area of snow across Eastern KS into the KC area. If the the trend is further south for the Oklahoma snow, would that bring the system across KS further south as well???

Now sure, as I'm not really sure what's causing it. My guess would be lift over a front.

The GFS output above best illustrates what JoMo mentioned in an earlier post today. The WAA snows break out over KS and pts east of there while the main low heads south of here keeping more of the precip south of here (SW MO). In this scenario it is very possible we end up with very little caught in between like that. By far the heaviest of this system appears destined to be across OK/AR.

Archived