amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Fall 2011

JoMo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When do the new models come out? This storm is being difficult to predict!!! I am hoping for a 10'' snow here in Tulsa:)

They already came out for this evening.

Euro is running now.

NAM/GFS will run again at 1:45/3:30.

If the Euro doesn't come north, I'm thinking the NAM is just wrong like usual.

What's strange about the NAM is that it was out to lunch with some of the things it showed leading up to the blizzard last week. However, it did a pretty good job with predicting where the heaviest swath of snow would set up, at least in OK. I'm not sure how it performed in that respect in other places.

What's strange about the NAM is that it was out to lunch with some of the things it showed leading up to the blizzard last week. However, it did a pretty good job with predicting where the heaviest swath of snow would set up, at least in OK. I'm not sure how it performed in that respect in other places.

It did terrible. 12 hours before the event it had an extreme amount of precip in a N/S band across S KS thru Central OK that didn't verify at all. This was a huge shift west, while the GFS held firm and was correct.

It did terrible. 12 hours before the event it had an extreme amount of precip in a N/S band across S KS thru Central OK that didn't verify at all. This was a huge shift west, while the GFS held firm and was correct.

My mistake. For some reason I remember looking at NAM snowfall maps that had the heaviest band in OK from just east of OKC to TUL.

so whose getting the 9'?

SW of Tulsa, down towards OKC, supposedly. I'm not sure I'd put too much stock in the present thinking, though. The NAM is still sticking to its story and the GFS its. I don't really believe either. Hopefully I'll get a chance to check out some other models when I get back home in a bit.

LOL NAM is on crack still.

The Old ETA disagrees with the NAM....this event will not be well forecast by any of the models because its primarily an overrunning event and there is definitely a Gulf moisture influx...I'd expect we will see some amounts near 18 inches in parts of OK.

http://www.meteo.psu...2z/etaloop.html

Well, enjoy what snow you do get as it looks to warm up in the extended. We still may get another snow in late Feb or March though, but you never know.

well it would be nice to know exactly. except for my poor car i am ready im getting my daughter early so im set for a big one and now its decreasing.

The snow estimate from the TWS is on crack! Wichita is not getting 6-10, even there NWS from Wichita isn't even saying that. Besides those totals are from 9:14am today-Wednesday at 9:14...Eastern OK and NW AR will still be in snow by then...not that worried. But why do they have the system so north? And do we even know where this is going to track. For NE OK to get a big snow..10''+, we need it to track parallel to Dallas and swing up the Arklatex area and across middle and southern Arkansas. I'm just not sure it's going to do that....

The snow estimate from the TWS is on crack! Wichita is not getting 6-10, even there NWS from Wichita isn't even saying that. Besides those totals are from 9:14am today-Wednesday at 9:14...Eastern OK and NW AR will still be in snow by then...not that worried. But why do they have the system so north? And do we even know where this is going to track. For NE OK to get a big snow..10''+, we need it to track parallel to Dallas and swing up the Arklatex area and across middle and southern Arkansas. I'm just not sure it's going to do that....

so tell us how you really feel...lol

Archived