12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Fall 2011

JoMo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well guys i never heard from my church so i tried to venture out i didnt get too far i made it. down my hill but couldnt go up the hill behind me. a very nice neighbor drove my car to a safe place to park it and drove me to our grocery. So i got stocked up a wrecker couldnt even make a practice drive up my hill so my cute little aveo is at the bottom of the hill and will get snowed on. Her is going to be so cold!sad.gif

well guys i never heard from my church so i tried to venture out i didnt get too far i made it. down my hill but couldnt go up the hill behind me. a very nice neighbor drove my car to a safe place to park it and drove me to our grocery. So i got stocked up a wrecker couldnt even make a practice drive up my hill so my cute little aveo is at the bottom of the hill and will get snowed on. Her is going to be so cold!sad.gif

Ironically, you'd have had much better luck getting out yesterday or Friday before the roads turned to slush on ice. We either need a stupidly warm couple of days with lots of sun or more snow, stat!

OUN pulled the trigger this evening. Expect TSA to follow.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORMAN OK532 PM CST SUN FEB 6 2011OKZ004>044-046-TXZ083>085-070745-/O.NEW.KOUN.WS.A.0002.110209T0000Z-110210T0000Z/HARPER-WOODS-ALFALFA-GRANT-KAY-ELLIS-WOODWARD-MAJOR-GARFIELD-NOBLE-ROGER MILLS-DEWEY-CUSTER-BLAINE-KINGFISHER-LOGAN-PAYNE-BECKHAM-WA****A-CADDO-CANADIAN-OKLAHOMA-LINCOLN-GRADY-MCCLAIN-CLEVELAND-POTTAWATOMIE-SEMINOLE-HUGHES-HARMON-GREER-KIOWA-JACKSON-TILLMAN-COMANCHE-STEPHENS-GARVIN-MURRAY-PONTOTOC-COAL-COTTON-CARTER-HARDEMAN-FOARD-WILBARGER-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BUFFALO...ALVA...CHEROKEE...MEDFORD...PONCA CITY...ARNETT...WOODWARD...FAIRVIEW...ENID...PERRY...CHEYENNE...TALOGA...WEATHERFORD...CLINTON...WATONGA...KINGFISHER...GUTHRIE...STILLWATER...ELK CITY...SAYRE...CORDELL...ANADARKO...YUKON...EL RENO...MUSTANG...OKLAHOMA CITY...CHANDLER...CHICKASHA...PURCELL...NORMAN...MOORE...SHAWNEE...SEMINOLE...HOLDENVILLE...HOLLIS...MANGUM...HOBART...ALTUS...FREDERICK...LAWTON...DUNCAN...PAULS VALLEY...SULPHUR...ADA...COALGATE...WALTERS...ARDMORE...QUANAH...CHILLICOTHE...CROWELL...VERNON532 PM CST SUN FEB 6 2011...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGHWEDNESDAY AFTERNOON...* TIMING: FROM TUESDAY EVENING UNTIL LATE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.* MAIN IMPACT: SNOWFALL AMOUNTS 4 TO 8 INCHES.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST WEATHER INFORMATION...ESPECIALLY IF YOUPLAN TO TRAVEL.

07/00z NAM -- slight trend S towards the model consensus, but only by maybe 20-30 mi. Maximum QPF axis is roughly WWR-TUL-FYV. It's also showing the heaviest snows over the eastern extent of the area, with a bullseye of 1"+ over NE OK and NW AR.

I do think it's interesting to note how the QPF axis has taken on a more WNW-ESE orientation this run, as opposed to due W-E. It seems the farther E you are, the better the chance this will end up going S of current progs.

Can we add Nebraska to your regional threads Jomo? So few members but they are close to your region, IMO. That area is kinda left out in the central/western regional forum.

I don't mind, but there is a completely different climate up there compared to down here.

Archived