• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 4th - 5th Snow Event

Powerball

And I'm going to bookmark this thread as undeniable proof that all models quite frankly suck, even the EURO.

A major shift (talking hundreds of miles) like this within 24 hours of a storm and for no model to even pick up on it until it's virtually happening should be unprecedented.

Nah, it's happened before. I can't remember anything specifically but I have vague recollections of sudden shifts for the best and worst happening within 24 hours. Nothing recently though (like within the last 5 years).

Christmas 2002 is sort of an analog, although that was more in the 48-60 range.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nam looks good for most everyone except un in central/eastern OH now. The trend on the nam is gonna make me possibly bust with my 2-4" call across central OH. Just makes me feel better about late next week, although the next one is supposed to be stronger than this one, and now ive gotta wonder if it is being underdone, and if it is it could have huge ramifications wrt next Thursday.

Can't really blame them. I'd wait to see some of the other hi res models + GFS.

The writing is on the wall for at least border line advisory criteria if not more, with 3 of their surrounding offices already issuing advisories. I'm typically a pretty big IND fan, but by the time they get their advisory out, the snow will be approaching Central Indiana.

Can't really blame them. I'd wait to see some of the other hi res models + GFS.

Eh, it's not like this is still 24 hours out from starting. Trust me I'm not a NWS basher, but I think there is enough evidence to start bumping accumulations. The Marion County (Indy) zone has 1" total that was just updated at 10PM...the NAM and other short range guidance have 4"+. Even the 12z Euro had 0.10"+ for Indy. I guess we'll see how it plays out...

Archived