• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 4th - 5th Snow Event

Powerball

The models are still playing catchup with a pesky upper level low moving northward out of the gulf coast. It's a prettty impressive looking system too. Now it's looking increasingly likely that 2-4" could fall within a relatively wide swath from St. Louis to Cleveland.

This is the same storm that brought Tulsa & Dallas their surprise 3-6" today. Just for the record, Tulsa now has nearly 20" of snow on the ground now, which is phenomonal even in places up north that are used to snow.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ruc_500_018m.gif

LOL what!

this is def coming in much stronger..the H7, H5 vort track would argue for a 2-4 inch snow, maybe 3-5 in a thin band. somewhere near me.

I had an inkling this one would be a last minute surpriser.

Even before now the look at 500mb was impressive for just a gulf coast runner.

Some impressive banding and totals showing up in Oklahoma and Arkansas. Also I've overlayed the GFS 6 hour snowfall total for tomorrow afternoon. Nice snow band 2-3 inches in a six hour window, showing up across Central Indiana into Ohio.

I'm going 1-2" for LAF but would not be surprised if we end up a little higher.

There are to many storms to forecast...............sooooooo confusing trying to keep up on which one is which, haha. By the way, Happy Weather Persons day to everyone ;)

Telling me. When i saw this thread i thought i had just posted the latest euro ensemble stuff in the wrong thread. :yikes: Anyways it seems i posted it in the correct thread. I hope.. :lol:

Telling me. When i saw this thread i thought i had just posted the latest euro ensemble stuff in the wrong thread. :yikes: Anyways it seems i posted it in the correct thread. I hope.. :lol:

so what do you think Harry? Do we end up with a stronger early week system at the cost of shooting down JB's Pershing II late week?

so what do you think Harry? Do we end up with a stronger early week system at the cost of shooting down JB's Pershing II late week?

Ask me this in the other thread for the 6th/7th event i think it is. Confusing the hell out of me. :lol:

Anyways it is the system right on the heels of this ( one before JB's bomb ) that may have the final say. And yes it is very possible if system 2 decides to go to town we lose JB's mega bomb. Only way around it would be for system 2 to haul ass on out.

The models are still playing catchup with a pesky upper level low moving northward out of the gulf coast. It's a prettty impressive looking system too. Now it's looking increasingly likely that 2-4" could fall within a relatively wide swath from St. Louis to Cleveland.

This is the same storm that brought Tulsa & Dallas their surprise 3-6" today. Just for the record, Tulsa now has nearly 20" of snow on the ground now, which is phenomonal even in places up north that are used to snow.

thats exactly the word ive been looking for do describe this system.

perfect.

*update*

Based on upstream trends and after reviewing the short term models, I am raising my call for LAF to 2-4" with the 4" amounts most likely just to the east. GFS/NAM/RUC BUFKIT reveals a period of strong lift intersecting the DGZ, which could easily lead to ratios on the order of 15:1. I expect some bursts of moderate to perhaps even heavy snow late tomorrow morning into the afternoon.

*update*

Based on upstream trends and after reviewing the short term models, I am raising my call for LAF to 2-4" with the 4" amounts most likely just to the east. GFS/NAM/RUC BUFKIT reveals a period of strong lift intersecting the DGZ, which could easily lead to ratios on the order of 15:1. I expect some bursts of moderate to perhaps even heavy snow late tomorrow morning into the afternoon.

:clap:

*update*

I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

Ok, bad Airplane reference aside, let's do this. :guitar:

Archived