wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February 5th storm

Parsley

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, looks like the cold air at the surface could be stubborn to budge across interior NJ and NE PA through most of the morning. I hope to sleep through any potential icing.

Could the models be underestimating the cold again? I don't want icing surprises, though even a little fresh coating-2 inches of snow would be nice.

15 here in the S.Poc's...this last Sleet,Snow,Ice on top has seemed to significantly cool the ground under the pack...Reason I Say this: My garage has a just enough heat in it to melt snow off the cars and let it then drain out...last night I went to get something out of my car and I almost had my feet go out in under me;this has not happened to my floor(ice crystals) in many years(02/03)...I think even if a huge warm push up top comes to fruition,this might be worse than foreseen,at least up here + ABE outskirts also...imho "if" the deep cloudcover get's in before Sunrise,this will be More likely...

man 850s are gonna torch...good thing this looks like a 0.25" QPF event

essentially a two part storm with some lighter precip associated with overrunning/warm front and then the precip from the main low as it passes overhead and strengthens

if the latest RR is to be believed then it's simply .1-0.25" of rain for PHL and then the precip associated with the main low looks to pass to the NW

Some sleet, freezing rain and snow with the first showers reaching PHL...

SPECI KPHL 050815Z 04004KT 10SM -PL BKN048 OVC060 M01/M04 A3005 RMK AO2 PLB15 P0000

SPECI KPHL 050820Z 00000KT 10SM -FZRASNPL BKN048 OVC060 M01/M04 A3005 RMK AO2 FZRAB19PLB15SNB19 P0000

SPECI KPHL 050830Z 00000KT 10SM -FZRA OVC046 00/M04 A3006 RMK AO2 FZRAB19PLB15E30SNB19E22 P0000

Nice little coating of Snizzle here in Perkasie , Pa. My daughters car was going backwards up the hill, and the Dog fell on

her arse looking to find a place to do her duty. Driving is impossible until the ice is treated or melts. 29Degrees

Same thing here! :lol:

25.7 with light freezing rain. Everything has a nice coating on it, and the snowpack REALLY shines now.

Archived