joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 5th storm

Parsley

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like about 1 to 2 to my eyes. But it's not a big storm - rain or snow.

hr 48 your bl is close... almost isothermal but your fighting a warm layer arounf 925-975 which is .2 to .3 above so maybe rain and snow then going over to snow as it ends

edit: it looks like your right per sv snow maps, it has you in 2 inches.

Wxsim off old 18z runs has a light snow/ip mix up starting at around 230am thru about 1030am on Saturday (1.0" snow/IP) then around .07" of ZR and then back to snow at 5pm with about a half-inch. There is another light event on Monday night. Of more interest is the Moderate Snow that quickly becomes heavy on Wednesday afternoon with the potential megastorm...Wxsim indicates 5" by 6pm Wednesday with heavy snow falling at the end of its forecast window

Paul

Wxsim off old 18z runs has a light snow/ip mix up starting at around 230am thru about 1030am on Saturday (1.0" snow/IP) then around .07" of ZR and then back to snow at 5pm with about a half-inch. There is another light event on Monday night. Of more interest is the Moderate Snow that quickly becomes heavy on Wednesday afternoon with the potential megastorm...Wxsim indicates 5" by 6pm Wednesday with heavy snow falling at the end of its forecast window

Paul

:wub::)

Keep us posted :) , thanks Paul.

heres sv snowfall map from the nam

nam-snow48-us_hr54.png

That may be as good as it gets based on temperatures in the lower levels. Pretty much hoping for the slushy inch or two toward sunset Saturday as the precip. winds down.

From I-78-ish northward, maybe several slushy inches. Lets see what the steadier (until 18z) GFS shows in the next hour.

That may be as good as it gets based on temperatures in the lower levels. Pretty much hoping for the slushy inch or two toward sunset Saturday as the precip. winds down.

From I-78-ish northward, maybe several slushy inches. Lets see what the steadier (until 18z) GFS shows in the next hour.

i would like to see the clown maps. The sv maps are pretty weird sometimes.

According to the 0z NAm, for the immediate Philly burbs and the city itself, seems like a light snow (coating maybe) to rain to some snow/sleet on the backside. Prob not amounting to much. I feel pretty confident with that solution. No surprises with this one.

I learned a couple weeks ago not trust SV snow maps, they are off and over zealous for sure. some times they even will show something for one time, it disapears then next frame or shrinks and the comes back the next frame (tho this is mainly with the GFS) and its not the standard erasing it does. Its also way cold. I think it incorporates ice into its snowfall maps

I learned a couple weeks ago not trust SV snow maps, they are off and over zealous for sure. some times they even will show something for one time, it disapears then next frame pr shrinks and the comes back the next frame (tho this is mainly with the GFS) and its not the standard erasing it does. Its also way cold. I think it incorporates ice into its snowfall maps

yea i think it incorporates sleet into it.

Archived